Thread: Flyers in stats

Default Flyers in stats

Of the bottom 8 in +/-, 6 of them are Flyers. Hatcher is -17 while Mike Richards is -11.

Neither Flyers goalie has a save % above .890. Their are 34 other goalies ahead of Niittymaki. Robert Esche is last amoung 44 goalies.

The Flyer with the most amount of points is Simon Gagne with 10, which ranks 101 in the league.

Pray for the 2014 Phillies

Default Re: Flyers in stats

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Look Its Chase Utley!
    Of the bottom 8 in +/-, 6 of them are Flyers. Hatcher is -17 while Mike Richards is -11.

Neither Flyers goalie has a save % above .890. Their are 34 other goalies ahead of Niittymaki. Robert Esche is last amoung 44 goalies.

The Flyer with the most amount of points is Simon Gagne with 10, which ranks 101 in the league.
    Hatcher needs to get dumped. Throw Rathje in there with him. Umberger has played well lately. I think the lines need to be changed along with LOTS of other changes. You can't put too much blame on Niitty because of the bad defense. But Esche's last outing he made 4 saves on 8 shots, and none of them were powerplay goals. But whatever, this team better make some changes before they fall completely out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe D
    Does scoot ever sleep?

I'm kinda shocked w/Richards, because he's supposed to be a good 2-way forward. But I guess playing on a non-scoring line will really hurt your +/-

Quote Originally Posted by Domino427
    I'm kinda shocked w/Richards, because he's supposed to be a good 2-way forward. But I guess playing on a non-scoring line will really hurt your +/-
    Yea, the lines are really bad, but it's not like they have a choice. Oh, and btw, Carter is out for like 6 weeks with a broken ankle.
    Does scoot ever sleep?

Quote Originally Posted by scoot8270
    Yea, the lines are really bad, but it's not like they have a choice. Oh, and btw, Carter is out for like 6 weeks with a broken ankle.
    Just fucking lovely.

I havent had time to follow the team much this year, but to be honest, they're not giving me much reason to.

Just fucking lovely.

I havent had time to follow the team much this year, but to be honest, they're not giving me much reason to.
    but wait, there's more.. Today they made more pointless moves that will have no effect on the team....

PHILADELPHIA (CP) - The Philadelphia Flyers called up centres Petr Nedved, Matt Ellison and Ryan Potulny along with defenceman Martin Grenier from the American Hockey League's Philadelphia Phantoms on Wednesday.
    The moves came a day after the Flyers learned that forward Jeff Carter would miss six weeks with a broken left ankle.
    Nedved, 34, started the season with the Flyers but was demoted after going scoreless in six games. He recorded four goals with four assists in seven games for the Phantoms.
    Ellison, 22, has a goal and an assist in one game for the Phantoms after missing 11 contests while recovering from abdominal surgery.
    Potulny, 22, has one goal and two assists in seven games for the Phantoms.
    Grenier, 26, is scoreless with 16 penalty minutes in nine games for the Phantoms.
    Does scoot ever sleep?

but wait, there's more.. Today they made more pointless moves that will have no effect on the team....

PHILADELPHIA (CP) - The Philadelphia Flyers called up centres Petr Nedved, Matt Ellison and Ryan Potulny along with defenceman Martin Grenier from the American Hockey League's Philadelphia Phantoms on Wednesday.
    The moves came a day after the Flyers learned that forward Jeff Carter would miss six weeks with a broken left ankle.
    Nedved, 34, started the season with the Flyers but was demoted after going scoreless in six games. He recorded four goals with four assists in seven games for the Phantoms.
    Ellison, 22, has a goal and an assist in one game for the Phantoms after missing 11 contests while recovering from abdominal surgery.
    Potulny, 22, has one goal and two assists in seven games for the Phantoms.
    Grenier, 26, is scoreless with 16 penalty minutes in nine games for the Phantoms.
    Nedved needs to just go. He's done with. Potulny is part of the team's future, so he should be up. I'm glad to see Ellison is going to finally get a chance, so maybe we didnt give away Patrick Sharp for nothing. And Grenier...shit, anyone's better than the D we've got now. I see this as a step in the right direction. Even if it offers little immediate help, its working towards finding an answer.

Nedved needs to just go. He's done with. Potulny is part of the team's future, so he should be up. I'm glad to see Ellison is going to finally get a chance, so maybe we didnt give away Patrick Sharp for nothing. And Grenier...shit, anyone's better than the D we've got now. I see this as a step in the right direction. Even if it offers little immediate help, its working towards finding an answer.
    Isn't Grenier the humongous guy with the size 15 skate that was on coatsey's corner?
    Does scoot ever sleep?

This sucks.

Simon Gagne is killing me in my league.

The juice is worth the squeeze.

Isn't Grenier the humongous guy with the size 15 skate that was on coatsey's corner?
    No idea.

We made a trade today...

Lightning acquire C Corso from Flyers for RW Reid

TAMPA, Florida (Ticker) - The Tampa Bay Lightning on Thursday acquired center Daniel Corso from the Philadelphia Flyers for right wing Darren Reid.
    Corso had two goals and four assists in six games with the Philadelphia Phantoms, the Flyers' American Hockey League affiliate.
    The 28-year-old Corso has appeared in 77 career NHL games with the St. Louis Blues and Atlanta Thrashers, totaling 14 goals and 11 assists. Corso's best season came in 2000-01, when he scored 10 goals in 28 games with the Blues.

A seventh-round pick in 1996, Corso played three seasons with the Blues before joining the Thrashers in 2003-04.
    Reid had just one goal in 10 games with the Springfield Falcons - the AHL affiliate of the Lightning. He played in seven games with Tampa Bay last season and recorded one assist
    Does scoot ever sleep?

Update on some of the stats

Flyers are 10 points behind the 2nd worst team in the league(Kings)

Flyers are 3-15-6 at home

Flyers have the least amount of goals scored, and tied for last in goals allowed

Flyers have the bottom three players in +/- with Calder(-27), Pitkanen(-24), and Hatcher(-23). The next lowest player not on the Flyers, Petr Nedved

Flyers don't have a player in the top 80 in scoring. Gagne is 88th

Nittymakii has the 2nd worst goals against average in the league, only ahead of Dan Cloutier

Ben Eager leads the NHL in Penalty Minutes

Pray for the 2014 Phillies

Ben Eager leads the NHL in Penalty Minutes
    So why do we need Fedoruk then?
    Does scoot ever sleep?

So why do we need Fedoruk then?
    The right attitude.

Return to the correct BSB style.

Broad Street Bullies...not Backstreet Boys

The right attitude.

Return to the correct BSB style.

Broad Street Bullies...not Backstreet Boys
    True. And being feared around the league is important. But, I just don't like using up a spot on less skilled players like Fedoruk when we have guys like Eager, Richards, and Gauthier to knock out guys. Which makes me more pissed about getting rid of Handzus. He was such an intrical part of our defense under Hitch, and he could be an enforcer while putting up decent offensive numbers.
    Does scoot ever sleep?