Ballfreak86

Default Re: Pat Burrell Sucks

Dear Pat,
    I hope you get syphillis.

Best wishes,
    Joe D

Dear Pat,

Why are you so fucking terrible? You are truly a waste of god-given baseball talent. Maybe you should go joing your buddy Bobby in NY so you can further pattern your game after his. Here's a tip... quit trying to be Bobby and go back to being the aggressive hitter you used to be. A swinging strikeout is certainly preferred over the called third strikes you routinely take. At least act like you give a shit... maybe you would play every day and earn some of the money you are currently stealing. You should send Ed Wade a nice card for padding your bank account after one good year. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't be writing this right now because you would be fucking up for some other team. Hopefully we will be able to trade your sorry ass very soon. In the meantime get your fucking head out of your ass and do something to help the team you fuckface.

Thanks for listening ass wad,

Techyankee

Dear Phila,

I'm sorry we argued about Pat Burrell last week. You were right.

Apologetically,
    O.P.
    I see the light at the end of the tunnel now
    Someone please tell me it's not a train

Fuck you, Pat.

Wow, he has personally left 9 men on base tonight. Not sure if i've ever seen that high a total. He still has a great shot at double digits, and i KNOW i've never seen that.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_X
    Wow, he has personally left 9 men on base tonight. Not sure if i've ever seen that high a total. He still has a great shot at double digits, and i KNOW i've never seen that.
    haha thats the first thing i noticed when i checked out the box score after seeing Nunez's error and utley's 2 HRs. Thats not good at all. I was hoping he would start playing ball in this series, doesn't look like it though. Bench his ass, he hurts us more than helps.

I sure hope he reads this board.

Ought to really help him.
    "The game has changed, the players have changed, but I didn't." John Vukovich

"I am walking on a road paved by many who gave up their souls, their psyches to get us where we are today." - Joanne Gerstner, president AWSM

Mets Re: Pat Burrell Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Jsavoy

Maybe we can link an article he wrote to this site, trash him, and then get him to sign up and post.

Quote Originally Posted by jcarm22
    Maybe we can link an article he wrote to this site, trash him, and then get him to sign up and post.
    Is there beer involved for him?

Anyway, you know, he makes me want to cry.

My husband's nickname for him is "Disaster."

The whole thing is a shame.

"I am walking on a road paved by many who gave up their souls, their psyches to get us where we are today." - Joanne Gerstner, president AWSM

Is there beer involved for him?

Anyway, you know, he makes me want to cry.
    I just bought a 12-pack of Yuengling. He can have one.

Quote Originally Posted by jcarm22
    I just bought a 12-pack of Yuengling. He can have one.
    One? Tee Hee. I know you're joking.

One? Tee Hee. I know you're joking.
    Until he starts hitting, I most assuredly am not.

Phillies Re: Pat Burrell Sucks

There's nothing this board can do to make him any worse. He's decided that he's going to swing for the fence, and come Hell or highwater he will not try to help this team aside from the longball. That would be fine if he was making solid contact.

The guy sees at least one meatball an at-bat, and yet he rarely makes good contact. Usually either fouls it straight back or pops it up.

He always gets under the ball. Tough to get on top of it when your shoulder is resting on the catcher's left foot.
    Writer, covering association football from a tactical perspective. Find my articles at:
    http://www.majorleaguesoccertalk.com
    http://www.epltalk.com
    http://www.twitter.com/earl_of_reed

Pat Burrell will come up big when it matters.

He seems to be getting worse instead of better. He has his hot moments but all he does is pad his numbers to make it look like he had a decent season. If you see him for the entire season you realize he just plain blows. Those called third strikes drives me nuts....at least try.
    I am not part of the problem, I am the problem!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Who?
    There's nothing this board can do to make him any worse. He's decided that he's going to swing for the fence, and come Hell or highwater he will not try to help this team aside from the longball. That would be fine if he was making solid contact.

The guy sees at least one meatball an at-bat, and yet he rarely makes good contact. Usually either fouls it straight back or pops it up.

He always gets under the ball. Tough to get on top of it when your shoulder is resting on the catcher's left foot.
    It's interesting too that in college he was known for having good pitch recognition. I feel like now when I watch him, he's overthinking what he's doing and doesn't recognize the pitches to hit. He just seems to be bent on swinging as hard as he can.

You gotta accept Pat Burell for what he is. He's not Ryan Howard.

At his worst, he's David Bell with more power. Some of you liked Davey boy.

It's interesting too that in college he was known for having good pitch recognition. I feel like now when I watch him, he's overthinking what he's doing and doesn't recognize the pitches to hit. He just seems to be bent on swinging as hard as he can.
    JEBUS FUCKING CHRIST.

Enough with this he is trying too hard shit. He fucking sucks...get over it. He doesn't care enough to make himself better and it has nothing to do with anyone but himself.

Quote Originally Posted by moses
    You gotta accept Pat Burell for what he is. He's not Ryan Howard.

At his worst, he's David Bell with more power. Some of you liked Davey boy.
    At least Bell would swing the bat with 2 strikes and made contact once in a while.
    I am not part of the problem, I am the problem!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast