Thread: Pace back at practice after injury scare

Rams Pace back at practice after injury scare

Rams OT Pace back at practice after injury scare
    Associated Press

ST. LOUIS -- A day after the biggest injury scare the St. Louis Rams have endured this preseason, the focus of that concern, Orlando Pace, returned to the practice field.

Pace The perennial Pro Bowl offensive tackle left practice on a cart Monday morning after third-year defensive end Anthony Hargrove rolled into the back of Pace's right leg. Pace said his ankle, knee and hip all got banged up in the collision, but no serious injuries were detected. "You hope it's nothing serious," he said after Tuesday's practice. "You didn't want a [hurt] knee or a bad ankle or anything. But once the X-rays came back and everything was negative, I was happy.

"We're taking it day by day and see how it feels. I worked out today and I was a little sore after I did the workout, so we'll see how it feels tomorrow." Pace rode a stationary bike and worked out with a medicine ball with running back Paul Smith for part of Tuesday's two-hour practice. He spent the rest of the time on the sidelines watching his teammates practice. At first, Pace did not know how badly he was injured. But he said he didn't have too much time to dwell on it. "When I went down it looked a lot worse than it actually was," he said." [Defensive end] Leonard [Little] picked me up so quick I didn't have a chance to check myself." Coach Scott Linehan said Pace could have practiced Tuesday, but the coaching staff held him out as a precaution. His condition will be evaluated every day leading up to the Rams' second preseason game Saturday against Houston. Linehan didn't say whether Pace would play against the Texans. "It's unfortunately part of the game and we ride that fine line when we evaluate how much we need to play versus how much we don't play our definite starters and proven veterans," Linehan said. "But there is a fine line where you've got to look at some things to get yourself ready."

"It's such a beautiful sport, with no politics involved, no color, no class. Only as a youngster can you play and as a pro can you win. The game has kept me young, involved and excited and for me to be up here with gems of baseball." ~Jack Buck

Default Re: Pace back at practice after injury scare

Thank God its not worse

Pace is one of those guys you simply cannot replace. Sorry Todd Steussie, you dont match up in any way, shape or form.
    "People ask me what I do in winter when thereís no baseball. Iíll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." -Rogers Hornsby

That woulda been a HUGE loss for the Ramies...in more ways then one haha. Glad hes alright

Matt Leinart signed in Arizona...wooo lol
    "The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don't play together, the club wont be worth a dime"

At least when Pace was holding out every training camp we needn't worry about him getting hurt!

"It's such a beautiful sport, with no politics involved, no color, no class. Only as a youngster can you play and as a pro can you win. The game has kept me young, involved and excited and for me to be up here with gems of baseball." ~Jack Buck

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    At least when Pace was holding out every training camp we needn't worry about him getting hurt!
    lol thats kinda true, but not what you REALLY want im sure. Getting him more practice can only be a good thing

unless he gets hurt of course...
    "The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don't play together, the club wont be worth a dime"