Page 397 of 464 FirstFirst ... 297347387393394395396397398399400401407447 ... LastLast
Results 7,921 to 7,940 of 9271

Thread: Last Movie you saw and rate it!

Default Re: Last Movie you saw and rate it!

Quote Originally Posted by DRULZ View Post
    WTF Ashey, why would you watch that?
    lady friend's choice. i thought it was at least about world war ii, so it would be somewhat interesting, that covered about 25 minutes of the 2.5 hours.

Limitless
    I liked the trippiness of the movie and the idea was cool. I guess I liked the movie. I don't really know for some reason.

Dude, Compared to Terminator 3 with that douche Nick Stahl and Claire Danes (Yuck), anything is awesome!
    yeah, 3 was an abomination and Salvation made me forget all about it.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes 6/10

Did a good job building up the story, but there wasn't enough action. James Franco sucks but the monkeys were cool.

Quote Originally Posted by SaveTheWhalers View Post
    Rise of the Planet of the Apes 6/10

Did a good job building up the story, but there wasn't enough action. James Franco sucks but the monkeys were cool.

Is there anything believable about James Franco being a scientist?

Weed gives him deep thinking ability.
    Bonus fake Keith Jackson appearance: "Whoa, Nellie, we have ourselves a barn-burner here today! Welcome to the 117th dust-up between the Snortin' Swine of Springfield A&M and the Springfield University Nittany Tide. Ho, ho, doctor, break out the hickory switch! Well, hang on to your hoop skirts, folks, because Anton Lubchenko is going to be kicking higher than a mule on payday. Oh, land o'lakes! Take that, ozone layer! (later in the game) Oh, doctor, with SU behind and seconds left, my supply of homespun sayings is lower than a doodlebug in Aunt Tilly's root cellar. So we'll -- Oh, jumpin' crawdaddies! Is that Lubchenko coming back on the field?"
    SU Nittany Tide's own Anton Lubchenko!

Quote Originally Posted by SU Nittany Tide View Post
    Weed gives him deep thinking ability.
    Weed makes me forget the details of a movie I just saw.

Watched a really weird indi movie, Hesher, yesterday, with Joseph Gordon Levitt and Rainn Wilson.

Picture Mary Poppins, but with a really dark sense of humor, and replace Mary Poppins with a stoner Joseph Levitt. Solid movie all the way through, although sometimes it kind of struggles with its cohesion. But that's life I guess.

8/10

Prometheus, caught it last night.

Outstanding Ridley Scott film, lotta people I know didnt like it but thats because they went into it thinking it was another Aliens movie and its really not. I mean there is a sprinkle of them here and there and its the same universe but the story is outside of that arena and its a very good one.

Prometheus, caught it last night.

Outstanding Ridley Scott film, lotta people I know didnt like it but thats because they went into it thinking it was another Aliens movie and its really not. I mean there is a sprinkle of them here and there and its the same universe but the story is outside of that arena and its a very good one.

Almost universally, the people that hated it are the ones that are going to it expecting an Alien(s) prequel.

If you know that's not what you're getting, you should be alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
    Almost universally, the people that hated it are the ones that are going to it expecting an Alien(s) prequel.

Great movie man, I highly recommend it to you.

I assumed it was an aliens prequel also until I saw the previews. I dont have the slightest fucking clue what it is about. it reminds me of Event Horizon for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by fahvra View Post
    I assumed it was an aliens prequel also until I saw the previews. I dont have the slightest fucking clue what it is about. it reminds me of Event Horizon for some reason.

NOt at all like that stupid fucking movie.. And as an FYI to everyone here, that menacing score that plays over the trailer and makes it seem really really creepy does not come into play at all during the movie.

I didn't hate the movie, but it does show the origins of the alien at the end and it is the same ship wreck that they find in Alien. I imagine there is a little bit of evolution that takes place over the years between Prometheus and Alien.
    Beer Water, quench your sober!

Quote Originally Posted by jon12272 View Post
    I didn't hate the movie, but it does show the origins of the alien at the end and it is the same ship wreck that they find in Alien. I imagine there is a little bit of evolution that takes place over the years between Prometheus and Alien.

Technically thats a different planet thats near by the planet in which Ripley and company find the Alien and the Beacon.. Remember there are other ships, "Many" on LV223 (where they are in the movie.) Alien takes place on LV446 or some number close to that where the Engineer is still in the chair manning the beacon. Possibly a different guy that wakes up, finds the trouble and takes off but is to late because he obviously had an alien chest burster inside of him.

Quote Originally Posted by jon12272 View Post
    I've also heard that it basically means you have to disregard the AVP movies completely. Which is fine.

NOt at all like that stupid fucking movie.. And as an FYI to everyone here, that menacing score that plays over the trailer and makes it seem really really creepy does not come into play at all during the movie.
    movie is really fucked up on shrooms, let me tell you boy.

My favorite part of that movie was when it went to the credits and "Oh My God That's The Funky Shit" hit. I like me some Prodigy.

That, or when the captain was holding his eyes in his hands.
    RIP Baby Duck...We Never Knew You, and I am so sorry.

Noses are the unsung hero of the face, ties the whole thing together. Name one good looking person without a nose...can't do it.

Franco is made more believable as a scientist by having Tyler Labine as a fellow scientist. Anyone looks more scientist-like than Labine.

And any lack of acting ability is covered by the extreme awesomeness of Brian Cox and John Lithgow.

Plus, the asshole kid from the Harry Potter movies gets killed as a bonus. Dude should fire his agent, though, as those Potter movies and this role have him typecast as an asshole now.
    RIP Baby Duck...We Never Knew You, and I am so sorry.

Noses are the unsung hero of the face, ties the whole thing together. Name one good looking person without a nose...can't do it.

Page 397 of 464 FirstFirst ... 297347387393394395396397398399400401407447 ... LastLast