Thread: Jose Guillen

Default Jose Guillen

Count the Royals among the interested if the Angels choose to part with suspended outfielder Jose Guillen.
    -- Kansas City Star

Honestly I think the Tigers should be on that list also. With Guillen troubles he be cheaper. Also he can play defense and offense something the Tigers need.

Default Re: Jose Guillen

Yeah and something the Tigers don't need is the same reason why Jose keeps changing teams.

He is a talented player, but much like Milton Bradley or someone like Albert Belle before him (Juan Gone too for that matter), he doesn't stay in one place too long b/c he quickly wears out his welcome.

Sorry we do need talent, but we don't need malcotents.

I know noone is perfect and people deserve second chances, but he's already gotten about 3-4 second chances.

If he only had 2 years left on his contract I would be interested. I would trade Higgy or White. Throw in a guy we don't need like cornejo, or baugh. If we had him, and Higgy's arms in the corners. With logans speed in CF that would be a much improved OF D.

Higgy .360 oba 80 walks__Great D
    Guillen .290 BA 20 HR ____Great D
    Pudge .320 BA 18 HR_____Great D
    Young .290 BA 28 HR
    Glaus 80 walks 32 HR
    Pena 75 walks 30 HR____Great D
    Guillen .295 BA 28 HR_____Good D
    Infante .275 BA 18 HR_____Good D
    Logan Defense___________Great D

That looks like a nice line-up with a much improved D IMO.

Last offseason when Jose was a free agent, he asked his agent about the tigers and was told that dd didnt want him on his team at all. That really pissed him off and He doesnt really like the tigers. He was mad that one of the worst teams in baseball didnt want him. Who knows though hes a great player, but too much of a problem. We've had problems with team chemistry before and this year seemed really good so maybe we shouldnt add people who might mess things up.

I'm a bigtime angels fan. I'm not sure exactly what happened with guillen because the angels had the class to keep it all in-house. But he didn't get suspended for an imaginary offense. I was born in Michigan, born a Tigers fan, and I don't think we want a disruptive influence in the clubhouse. Note that none of the Angels players have expressed disappointment at jose's absence.
    "I work to live, I live to make music."--Mahler
    my music: www.soundclick.com/markcourter

And incidentally, H4MVP, if joey wants that award, he better start displaying some serious leadership qualities
    "I work to live, I live to make music."--Mahler
    my music: www.soundclick.com/markcourter