Thread: Zambrano Hurt While Batting?

Default Zambrano Hurt While Batting?

Cubs take swing at solving mystery
    Theorize Zambrano hurt while batting

PITTSBURGH -- Carlos Zambrano will be barred from taking batting practice for the next few weeks because the Cubs believe his elbow injury may have been from swinging the bat.

Zambrano said he felt fine after a bullpen session Wednesday and will make his next start Saturday against the White Sox.

As expected, the Cubs switched their rotation, giving Greg Maddux the start Friday in Zambrano's spot to provide Zambrano an extra day of rest.

Mark Prior will start the series finale Sunday.

The Cubs maintain Zambrano's injury is of the "non-pitching" variety caused by his swing and had nothing to do with his 136-pitch outing in his previous start.

The switch-hitting pitcher was batting left-handed Saturday against right-hander Livan Hernandez and apparently overextended his right elbow stroking a third-inning double.

"I take too many batting practices, so I have to slow down with that," Zambrano said.

"Like [manager Dusty Baker] says, I don't swing with my hips. I swing with my arms most of the time, so for now I will hit only in the game."

Baker said pitching coach Larry Rothschild remarked Zambrano's bullpen session was one of the best he has had. Zambrano said the pain in his elbow is completely gone and said he's ready to face the Sox.

He's 2-1 against the Sox with a 3.86 earned-run average.

"I'll do the best I can to pitch my game and have fun, like I always do," he said.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....cubs-headlines

Default Re: Zambrano Hurt While Batting?

Thats quite interesting because a couple of days ago my brother and i were talking and he said he had that same type of injury as zambrano and he got it from hitting to much fungo.

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan_05
    Thats quite interesting because a couple of days ago my brother and i were talking and he said he had that same type of injury as zambrano and he got it from hitting to much fungo.
    That is very interesting.

His arm motion when he swings is alot more violent then when he pitches so they might be right. He is sort of like Burnitz in that he always swings as hard as he can.

The 3 I's of the Chicago Bears: Inflexability, Incompetence, Idiocy

Quote Originally Posted by dabulls85
    His arm motion when he swings is alot more violent then when he pitches so they might be right. He is sort of like Burnitz in that he always swings as hard as he can.
    He is a switch-hitter isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by beareezyfaneezy
    He is a switch-hitter isn't he?
    Yea he is a switch hitter.

Yep, I'm sure that dusty had nothing to do with it. He can still keep Zambrano in forever, even in blowouts, won't hurt a damn thing.

There was less coverup in Watergate.
    just picked up a prescription that used to be $65 and is now $100. thanks ObamaIslamoCommunistDeathPanelTaxCare
    Enya
    If they like their cake, they can keep their cake.
    Marie Antoinette

Quote Originally Posted by ryr8828
    Yep, I'm sure that dusty had nothing to do with it. He can still keep Zambrano in forever, even in blowouts, won't hurt a damn thing.

There was less coverup in Watergate.
    Zambrano has usually done well in the past when he was required to throw more pitches than normal.