Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have a Broken Nose

Default Re: I have a Broken Nose

Quote Originally Posted by MTVike
    Nasalide, Rhinocort, Flonase, Nasonex. There all basically the same, coritcosteroid sprays that block the action of the allergens. I was hoping years ago that when the patent was up and the market became more competitive, the price would go down. Right. There's a bunch of these sprays now, but the price goes up all the time. About $50 or more for a 1-2 month supply. I try to be stingy with it.
    My daughter uses Flonase now and seems pleased with it. Need to get wife using it as springtime air seems to get her nose running day to day.

My doc gave me some Nasacort and Nasanex to try, but it didnt help. My nose is so blocked up with tissue it didnt make it that far into my nose and nasal passage.

To Dom - I just thought it was odd they still use that method. Obviously if there was a better, easier way to do it, it would already be thought of. It wont matter to me though, I'll be in la-la land and then be on plenty of drugs afterwards.
    -Tony

Welcome back, Ken Hamlin!

***UPDATE***

Well I went in for the consultation with the surgeon today. I got to see the films of my CAT scan; those were real interesting. My nose is all kinds of fucked up, on the inside at least! My nose doesnt look this bad on the outside. You can notice a slight curve/break up close.

I took some pics from the pamphlet I got to help give a visual of what is going on with my nose.

Here is "my" nose on the left, all deviated and broken and then what it is supposed to look like on the right:

That blue line in the center is supposed to be straight. Mine is crooked like a lightning bolt, very crooked. Since it is crooked it is bending over and blocking my nasal passage. So with just the broken nose I only have one nostril at work, 50% open.

And here is "my" nose with all the extra tissue on the left and what it is supposed to look like on the right:

So then with that remaining nostril, more than half of it is blocked with extra tissue. Which decreases my nasal passage even more, so I am probably sitting at about 25% open. The "closed" nostril has even more extra tissue than the "open" one. So much that is curling around into a ball.

One cool part about the visit was when he used a little camera scope to go inside my nose and show me what was going on. That was pretty damn cool yet odd. I wonder how much that cost my insurance.

My procedure will straighten out the bone and also remove the excess tissue to severely open up my nasal passage. My procedure is set for Monday, April 18, so I don't have to wait too long. I will be put under and all fixed up. The post op is about 2 weeks long and I will need to take time off from work. I'll be hopped up on Percoset and also taking antibiotics. The doctor was very knowledgable and very professional, so I feel safe and trust him. I cannot wait to be all healed up and breathing normally for once!
    -Tony

I had this surgery scheduled a few years ago, but had to cancel it for an interview. My wife is begging me to get it because they say it should stop my snoring.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyMunson
    I had this surgery scheduled a few years ago, but had to cancel it for an interview. My wife is begging me to get it because they say it should stop my snoring.
    Your poor wife

It will definitely stop the snoring. So no more snoring for me! Sonia is gonna really love that part of it!
    -Tony

Thank freakin GOD the snoring will STOP!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Sonia Lynn
    **GO SEAHAWKS!**
    "I am the 12th woman, yo!"
    Get well soon, Hass! #8

I was sure hoping this situation was not affecting ... well,... ... things.

People fear me because of my broken nose look. Thing is I don't think it was ever broken. I've been hit hard but I don't think it ever broke.

I think I'm just part Indian.
    just picked up a prescription that used to be $65 and is now $100. thanks ObamaIslamoCommunistDeathPanelTaxCare
    Enya
    If they like their cake, they can keep their cake.
    Marie Antoinette

Quote Originally Posted by SeaHawkette
    Thank freakin GOD the snoring will STOP!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Now all you have to worry about is that damn farting.

I've never had a broken anything, but I'm a lumberjack in bed. Not long ago I went to a doctor about my snoring/sleeping and was sent home with a small machine to monitor and record the oxygen levels in my blood as I slept. Brought it back and got called about a week later to set up an overnight sleep study because my level dipped pretty low a couple times so they want to know if I have sleep apnea. At the same time doc said my nose is messed up, with tissue blocking a nostril and gave me Rhinocort... which seemed to help but not much. Don't know what I can do or where I should go from here. Hope your surgery goes well though toe.

Cowtown, Where the cows out number the people

Quote Originally Posted by ryr8828
    People fear me because of my broken nose look. Thing is I don't think it was ever broken. I've been hit hard but I don't think it ever broke.

I think I'm just part Indian.
    I have broken my nose several times. The last time I broke it I was playing WR during a barnyard football game and took an elbow to the nose. I fell to the ground and could feel something was wrong. As I kneeled there holding my nose Jeff came up and asked if I was ok....I said, "I think I broke my nose." He said, "Let me see." I sat up and pulled my hands away from my face and he said, "Holy shit, you did break your nose." My nostriles were pointing toward my left cheek and the middle of my nose was under my right eye and I couldn't see out of it. I asked Jeff, "Can you give me a ride to the Docs house?" He threw the keys to his Cordoba to me and I drove myself out to the Docs house being able to see out of my left eye only. Of course he couldn't leave the game, we were down by a TD and on the move.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyLifer
    Now all you have to worry about is that damn farting.
    GOOD POINT haha....
    Sonia Lynn
    **GO SEAHAWKS!**
    "I am the 12th woman, yo!"
    Get well soon, Hass! #8

WELL, today is the today. I have my surgery in a few hours. I have to show up at the hospital at 11:30am and surgery is scheduled for 12:30pm. I dont know how long the surgery will take since I forgot to ask that but I am guessing one to two hours. They did tell me a couple weeks ago when I had my consultation that I would be released the same day so I will be home tonight; all gauzed up and all drugged up! Thanks for all the well wishes and stuff and I will talk to you guys later.
    -Tony

Quote Originally Posted by ToeKnee9699
    WELL, today is the today. I have my surgery in a few hours. I have to show up at the hospital at 11:30am and surgery is scheduled for 12:30pm. I dont know how long the surgery will take since I forgot to ask that but I am guessing one to two hours. They did tell me a couple weeks ago when I had my consultation that I would be released the same day so I will be home tonight; all gauzed up and all drugged up! Thanks for all the well wishes and stuff and I will talk to you guys later.
    Well good luck to you. Make sure you get pictures so you can post them and we can make fun of you later.

hahaha, well maybe. I know I'll have pics, releasing them on the internet is another story. But we'll see...
    -Tony

Surgery to correct a deviated septum is one of the biggest medical scams imo. I had the surgery over 2 yrs ago. They said that 75 % of my airway was blocked...The surgery did NOTHING to change my breathing. And I snore more then I ever did.....And the rich get richer...It wont rtake them long to do it. It is a very simple procedure......Fucking doctors....

Well, we'll see if I will agree with that or not but my doctor said my nose was VERY VERY messed up once he got inside to fix it. Maybe you had a crummy doctor?
    -Tony

LMAO@this guy's broken nose story:

LONDON (AP) - A British motorist, driving home from work with his car window wound down, had his nose broken by a flying frozen sausage, an official said Monday. The 46-year-old man was driving near his home in South Woodham Ferrers, Essex, east of London, when the sausage came through the window and hit him on the nose, a spokesman for the Essex Ambulance Service said on condition of anonymity. "The man said he was making his way home after work and had the window down because it was such a nice afternoon," the ambulance spokesman said. "He said he saw a car coming the other way and felt a searing pain in his nose. "His nose was undoubtedly fractured and he had lost quite a lot of blood. "It must have been an incredibly lucky, or unlucky, shot to get the sausage through a moving car window. I have never seen or heard of anything like this before." Essex police said they were investigating the incident.
    http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNew...002816-ap.html
    Twitter: DickDickstein
    ...Because fuck you is why.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyMunson View Post
    wow, this was a long time ago.

I miss digit.
    ToDo List:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12