Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weightlifting Forum

Default Weightlifting Forum

Come on Sully......give the iron heads their own forum, were always being marginalized!!

[URL="http://www.killsometime.com"]Terrorist Names
    [URL]

Default Re: Weightlifting Forum

Would there be enough ironheads to maintain said forum? If so, I'm all for it.
    Follow Sports-Boards on and
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveTheWhalers
    It's like a wet moist cheesey orgasm in your mouth... I'd eat that shit every day.

Ill find out....most of em cant read so it would just be all pics of muscles and food.....

Seriously, I chat on a few training boards and most of the guys are sports fans...if they can get an all in one...why not

[URL]

Well, get them over here. I'll try to get one up before I go. If not, I'll do it tonight
    Follow Sports-Boards on and
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveTheWhalers
    It's like a wet moist cheesey orgasm in your mouth... I'd eat that shit every day.

I can hold my own in a gym and would be interested in speaking with some fellow gym rats.
    Cappy,

If you do, what you always did, then you get, what you always got. its a great day to be alive and sober!

Ok what kind of training are you guys into, strength,mass,fitness etc?

Also if anyone wants to discuss schedules,body parts,nutrition I'm game

[URL]

When I get back on a schedule, I'd post in a WL forum...however, at the moment, I'm not on that schedule...and I'm getting flabby...
    **Disclaimer** So as to avoid confusion, I'm not speaking for everyone

LSU, you know those Catfish have lots of protien in em !!!

[URL]

Quote Originally Posted by BraynDrayn
    LSU, you know those Catfish have lots of protien in em !!!

yessir, but they lack the omega-3s. Therefore, tuna is my fish of choice...mmmmm, tuna
    **Disclaimer** So as to avoid confusion, I'm not speaking for everyone

I like tuna myself or...walleye but the ranch variety are way more fatty than natural and just dont taste the same, Coho Salmon , Atlantic Cod or Snapper are also good but can get pricey...

Since you like Tuna this is a dish I make all the time, wild rice and tuna....thats it, good carbs and protien....if I feel like it I may drop in some shrimp or steamed vegtables...since I'm lazy that dont happen very often...being that your from Red Stick a good flavor enhancer is some firey hot sauce..BTW its also a good enegry source I usually have it as my 2nd meal of the day along with a cup of Green Tea

[URL]

Tuna bake! Ummmm. I hope it's good for me because I love it.

I try to do as many 16 ounce curls per day as my schedule permits.

Quote Originally Posted by BraynDrayn
    I like tuna myself or...walleye but the ranch variety are way more fatty than natural and just dont taste the same, Coho Salmon , Atlantic Cod or Snapper are also good but can get pricey...

Since you like Tuna this is a dish I make all the time, wild rice and tuna....thats it, good carbs and protien....if I feel like it I may drop in some shrimp or steamed vegtables...since I'm lazy that dont happen very often...being that your from Red Stick a good flavor enhancer is some firey hot sauce..BTW its also a good enegry source I usually have it as my 2nd meal of the day along with a cup of Green Tea
    Just went Walleye fishing two nights ago, caught my limit and will now have fresh fish for the next couple of weeks to eat. I like tuna,but nothing better that a fresh catch
    Cappy,

If you do, what you always did, then you get, what you always got. its a great day to be alive and sober!

Default Training Schedule

Training Schedule

3 weeks
    Monday - Chest / Back
    Tuesday - Quads / Hams
    Wednesday - Off - Abs Cardio
    Thursday - Shoulders / Traps / Calves
    Friday - Biceps Triceps
    Saturday - Off - Abs Cardio
    Sunday off
    Heavy training 3 exercises per body part , 3 sets per exercise, 8-10 reps ,failure on last set

3 weeks
    Monday - Chest / Triceps
    Tuesday - Quads / Calves
    Wednesday - Off Abs Cardio
    Thursday - Back / Biceps
    Friday - Hams / Traps
    Saturday - Shoulders / Forearms
    Sunday - Off Abs Cardio
    Heavy training 4 exercises per body part , 4 sets per exercise, 8-10 reps ,failure on last set

3 weeks
    Monday - Biceps / Triceps - SS
    Tuesady - Quads / Hams - SS
    Wednesday Off - Abs
    Thursday - Shoulders / Traps - SS
    Friday - Back / Upper & Lower - SS
    Saturday - Forearms / Calves
    Light/Heavy 4/5 exercises per body part , 4 sets per exercise, 12-15 reps ,I superset this week and do no cardio since I do almost HIT type training duing this week,moving really fast through the training doing super sets (SS) on given body parts

1 week
    Monday - Quads / Hams
    Tuesday off
    Wednesday - Back
    Thursday - Off
    Friday - Chest
    Saturday - Off
    Sunday - Biceps / Triceps
    Very Heavy 2 exercises per body part 4 sets 6-8 reps to failure on each set
    Lifiting this heavy requires a lot of rest between sets and a lot of post workout recovery time, thats the reason for a day off after each session

This is my basic training schedule, following this I take an entire week off and start over.

Note: Powerlifting principals are a staple for "Mass" building - Bench - Squat - Deadlift
    Note: I consider days I dont lift "Off" days even if I go to the gym and do cardio and abs thats still an off day.
    Last edited by BraynDrayn; 10-01-2004 at 01:32 PM.

[URL]

Default Re: Training Schedule

That is almost exactly what I follow for my routine except I always take mondays off totally, no matter what week I am in.
    Cappy,

RIP

MARIANNA KOMLOS
    Sept. 3, 1969-Sept. 26, 2004
    Attached Images Attached Images

[URL]

Wow...I never evn noticed there was a weightlifting forum here. I think this is a great idea. I am in to lifting bigtime and I know me and most of the guys I know are also sports fans. Well, I'm in if anybody wants to bs about it.

Thomie....

What kind of weight training are you into?

mass , strength, fitness?

Are you on a training schedule?..What kind of results are you seeing?

Any supplements - pro hormones etc..

before anyone ask's NO Im not on "gear" (steroids) never have been never will be...

[URL]

What's up BraynDrayn?

I, like you I'm sure, change up my routine quite often. Right now I am trying to cut up a bit more. I took some time off this summer and put on a little bit and lost a little bit of strength. I am doing a higher rep lower weight routine as of right now. My schedule:

Day1: Shoudlers and Traps(about 16 sets) usually following a 12-10-10-8 rep cycle
    Day2: Back(12 sets)
    Day3ff
    Day4: Chest(12 sets)
    Day5: Bi's and Tri's (16 sets) throw in a lot of supersets and dropsets with everything
    Day6: Off
    Day7: Legs

I continue with the two on one off cycle. I also run but not usually more than two miles in a day. On one of my off days I'll usually throw in an hour of cardio as well.

The only supplements I am using as of now is Muscle Milk(which I take after my workout, it's too damn expensive to use all the time) and I use the HDT 5 in 1 Whey cause it's cheaper throughout the day. I take my multivitamins and I recently ordered some EAS CLA. I wanted to give it a try. Thoughts?
    My results have been great. I have been a pretty big guy for a long time now. A few years back I got up to 225(5 foot 11) but that was a BAD 225. Well, I got my ass to the gym, dropped down to 185 doing cardio, then started getting serious about weight training. I am in at about 205 right now and pretty solid. If only I didnt have to go to work so much....lol

thomeismyhomie

Yeah I cycle my training all the time , with an emphasis on mass. It just gets hard on the joints/body lifting heavy all the time so I go between very heavy and what I would consider light heavy.I also change the exercizes themselves pretty often with only, squats deads and bench remaining constant. I also use free weights for the most part.

I'm currently 240 @ 5'9 and I'm hoping to hit 250 over the winter and then cut down to 225 or so by next summer - maybe compete in a local show.

On the supplement side

3 servings of 100 % whey each day - Optimum Nutrition - I'm getting 2-5 gallon tubs for 50.00

1 multi vitamin

1 dose of Vitamin C

1 ZMA tablet

I have no experience with CLA but have heard good things about it's fat loss properties.

I just got Oxavar and M-One-T (Gaspari products) the Oxavar is supposed to be a killer fat burner, I only bought it now because i found it really cheap on the internet and my local supplement store will price match.

Good Lord. you dropped 45 pounds ...nice work....205 @ 5 11 should have you looking pretty big, I look like a bowling ball

I hear ya about work...these people have no consideration

[URL]

Man, I'm glad you brought up ZMA. How has that been working for you? I was considering grabbing a bottle of ZMass-PM. I have trouble sleeping sometimes as well as I heard a lot of good things about it. The bitch of the whole deal is everytime you check up on the internet to see how products are, it's hard to be sure you can trust what people are saying.

240@ 5'9 huh? Damn thats big...lol. I am going to do the same thing this winter. Once I get to the level I am comfortable at, which should only be a few weeks, I am going to switch back to mass building. I usually combine Chest/Tri's, Back/Bi's, Legs/Shoulders. I found one thing that has helped me a lot. I do Legs and SHoudlers first and Chest and Tri's on the last day. I like doing Chest so it's easy for me to get motivated to do. Legs are a different matter. Too many times I get to my third day and say screw it as far as my Legs and Shoulders go. I dont know, it has definitely helped me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast