Thread: Why????

Braves Why????

Is Sean Rodriquez with the Braves. Why is he in Atlanta?? 4 hits in 29 ABs, 7 BBs, 15 Ks, 2 errors in 21 chances with a -0.1 WAR in fielding and a -0.0 in hitting.

Is Jim Johnson still a Brave?? He's been demoted to throwing the 6th/7th innings. 4.5 mil for a mid reliever is a lot of wasted money IMO. Drew little to no interest during the trade deadline activity. Wanted to pitch for Mc Do-well not Hernandez.

Other "old vets who are not contributing" for their money, and drew very little to NO interest during trade deadline, include Kemp, Julio, and Motte, Phillips is contributing more for his money than was expected. Has become a fan fav but drew little to no interest in deadline trade activity.

From where I sit, Hernandez is a waste as are Julio, Kemp, Motte, Johnson, and several other pitchers who have shown very little in their attempts to make a MLB impact.
    Oh, I've slipped the surly bonds of earth,
    And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings......

And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod
    The high untresspassed sanctity of space,
    Put out my hand and touched the face of God.

Default Re: Why????

No answer to my Rodriquez question, but he's starting in LF for game 3 vs Dodgers. My guess is he goes 0-4 with 3 Ks and 5 LOB.

Why was Rodriquez still with the Braves??

Trade bait!!!

The Pirates have acquired utilityman Sean Rodriguez from the Braves, MLB.com’s Mark Bowman writes (Twitterlinks). In return, the Braves will receive minor-league 1B/OF Connor Joe, according to FanRag’s Tommy Stokke (on Twitter). The move is now official. The two sides consummated the deal after the Pirates put in a waiver claim on Rodriguez.

I liked the signing at the time. But with his accident and then Camargo doing what he has I think the writing was on thecwall. The $ he was set to make next year can now be allocated elsewhere.

Seemed like a good guy but circumstances and chance just made him unnecessary here moving forward.