Thread: Blow it up

Default Blow it up

This team is a lost cause.
    "People ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." -Rogers Hornsby

Default Re: Blow it up

I'm not far off of saying that myself. It is sad in a 2-2 game... in the 5th, you have almost NO chance of winning. Today... right now is a perfect example. If the Cardinals don't have a lead half way through the game, they just can't win. Their BP is that bad.

I get why they traded Marco... and I'm reasonably pleased with the return. BUT... seems like we could have used a solid lefty coming out of the pen.
    "I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis," - Stan Kroenke April 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Obabikon View Post
    I'm not far off of saying that myself. It is sad in a 2-2 game... in the 5th, you have almost NO chance of winning. Today... right now is a perfect example. If the Cardinals don't have a lead half way through the game, they just can't win. Their BP is that bad.

I get why they traded Marco... and I'm reasonably pleased with the return. BUT... seems like we could have used a solid lefty coming out of the pen.
    Those FOUR lefties we already have aren't enough eh? haha
    "People ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." -Rogers Hornsby

Feeling better now?
    In reality, I'm one of those hateful liberals
    Pnk

just picked up a prescription that used to be $65 and is now $100. thanks ObamaIslamoCommunistDeathPanelTaxCare
    Enya
    If they like their cake, they can keep their cake.
    Marie Antoinette

Hank Hill: What the hell kind of country is this where I can only hate a man if he's white?

9 runs for the Cards in the 8th so far, still no outs.
    In reality, I'm one of those hateful liberals
    Pnk

just picked up a prescription that used to be $65 and is now $100. thanks ObamaIslamoCommunistDeathPanelTaxCare
    Enya
    If they like their cake, they can keep their cake.
    Marie Antoinette

Hank Hill: What the hell kind of country is this where I can only hate a man if he's white?

I feel better...until the next game starts haha

The bullpen...ugh.
    “Don't tell me about the world. Not today. It's springtime and they're knocking baseball around fields where the grass is damp and green in the morning and the kids are trying to hit the curve ball.” ―Pete Hamill

Quote Originally Posted by Helton72 View Post
    Those FOUR lefties we already have aren't enough eh? haha
    Ahh... but I used the qualifier SOLID lefty. What we have is not at all solid... they are horrible.
    "I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis," - Stan Kroenke April 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Obabikon View Post
    Ahh... but I used the qualifier SOLID lefty. What we have is not at all solid... they are horrible.
    I wouldn't consider Lyons or Duke horrible but I see your point haha

I think you obviously trade where you have an abundance which at this point is SP and OF. I'd like to see them trade Grichuck and maybe even Piscotty for a prospect or two but also wouldn't mind a proven veteran RP. I think you can deal some players without blowing up the whole team, as long as you don't mind bringing up the youngsters.

Trade Lynn and Duke. Play Pham, Wong, DeJong and Grichuk every single day and let's see how they do. Figure out what's up with Diaz.
    “Don't tell me about the world. Not today. It's springtime and they're knocking baseball around fields where the grass is damp and green in the morning and the kids are trying to hit the curve ball.” ―Pete Hamill

Duke is an interesting trade piece. Does Siegrist have value? Not sure he does.