Thread: Cardinals make four moves

Cardinals Cardinals make four moves

• The Dodgers have acquired outfielder Todd Cunningham from the Cardinals, also per the transactions page. Cunningham, a 28-year-old switch-hitter, has seen brief MLB action in three seasons but has spent the bulk of his time at Triple-A in recent years. Since joining the Cards as a minor-league deal over the winter, he has slashed .270/.401/.400 with as many walks as strikeouts (37 apiece) over 286 plate appearances at Triple-A Memphis.

The Cardinals got cash for Cunningham.

Also, Wong activated from the DL. Mejia and Weaver were demoted to Memphis.
    “Don't tell me about the world. Not today. It's springtime and they're knocking baseball around fields where the grass is damp and green in the morning and the kids are trying to hit the curve ball.” ―Pete Hamill

Default Re: Cardinals make four moves

If the Cards got one back and sent 2 down, what happened to the other one?
    In reality, I'm one of those hateful liberals
    Pnk

just picked up a prescription that used to be $65 and is now $100. thanks ObamaIslamoCommunistDeathPanelTaxCare
    Enya
    If they like their cake, they can keep their cake.
    Marie Antoinette

Hank Hill: What the hell kind of country is this where I can only hate a man if he's white?

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    If the Cards got one back and sent 2 down, what happened to the other one?
    My guess is that they're waiting to see if Pham needs to go on the DL (he left Sunday's game with a hip problem) or maybe they're waiting to see if Kevin Siegrist, who is rehabbing at Springfield, is ready to return.
    “Don't tell me about the world. Not today. It's springtime and they're knocking baseball around fields where the grass is damp and green in the morning and the kids are trying to hit the curve ball.” ―Pete Hamill

Glad Wong is back...hopefully he stays healthy this go round.
    "People ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." -Rogers Hornsby

The question this leaves me is where are they going to find AB's for Voit if your infield is going to be Carpenter at 1B, Wong at 2B, Gyorko at 3B and De Jong at SS?

Quote Originally Posted by FHgrad99 View Post
    The question this leaves me is where are they going to find AB's for Voit if your infield is going to be Carpenter at 1B, Wong at 2B, Gyorko at 3B and De Jong at SS?
    First off, welcome back!

And yes, that is the question, isn't it? We've also got 4 capable OF's with 3 spots. Its a good problem to have but I dunno how they'll handle it.

I almost think Voit will be the one who loses AB's the most.
    "People ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." -Rogers Hornsby

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    My guess is that they're waiting to see if Pham needs to go on the DL (he left Sunday's game with a hip problem) or maybe they're waiting to see if Kevin Siegrist, who is rehabbing at Springfield, is ready to return.
    It does sound like it was Siegrist being activated.