Thread: Jose Quintana

White Sox Jose Quintana

Scouts from the Yankees, Orioles, Royals, Angels, Blue Jays and Cardinals were in Colorado watching White Sox left-hander Jose Quintana pitch on Saturday, according to Scott Merkin of MLB.com. Some of those teams likely don’t have the prospect capital to assemble a package for the on-the-block Quintana, so observing his outing may have been due diligence in certain cases (or those clubs could’ve been on hand to scout other players). Regardless, Quintana didn’t disappoint, striking out 10 over 5 1/3 innings, after which he indicated that his preference is to remain with the White Sox. At the same time, Quintana acknowledged that the decision is up to team brass. “Absolutely. I want to stay here,” he said.“But they know what’s the best for us, so I just try to do my job and that’s it.”
    So, is Lynn getting traded or is Wainwright moving to the bullpen?
    “Don't tell me about the world. Not today. It's springtime and they're knocking baseball around fields where the grass is damp and green in the morning and the kids are trying to hit the curve ball.” ―Pete Hamill

Default Re: Jose Quintana

If we're not going to sign Lynn right now, hopefully both of those things happen.
    "I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis," - Stan Kroenke April 2010

I'd love to have him...we'll see what happens.
    "People ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." -Rogers Hornsby

I can only see this making sense is if they trade both Lynn in a separate deal and Weaver is a part of the trade package. Quintana is a good pitcher but I feel the Cardinals have more pressing needs than their rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by FHgrad99 View Post
    I can only see this making sense is if they trade both Lynn in a separate deal and Weaver is a part of the trade package. Quintana is a good pitcher but I feel the Cardinals have more pressing needs than their rotation.
    You're right about Lynn...and I gotta think the White Sox would want someone like Weaver or Marco in exchange for Quintana. I dunno if it makes logical sense for us to do this or not.
    "People ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." -Rogers Hornsby

So much for that. Quintana to the Cubs for 4 prospects.
    “Don't tell me about the world. Not today. It's springtime and they're knocking baseball around fields where the grass is damp and green in the morning and the kids are trying to hit the curve ball.” ―Pete Hamill

We cannot compete in trades whenever the Cubs are giving up that much talent

When will their well run dry?

Quote Originally Posted by Helton72 View Post
    We cannot compete in trades whenever the Cubs are giving up that much talent

When will their well run dry?
    They still have Candelario but they gave up Jimenez and Cease who were the numbers 1 & 2 prospects in their system. I'm not sure how much more they have.

This (in my opinion) was the absolute best thing that could happen for us. Quintana is a very good pitcher... is he elite? No. He's a solid #2 guy in my opinion. The cubs gave up an absolute boat load to get him.... two great prospects and two very solid prospects on top of that. I'm perfectly fine with the cubs being good for a couple more years.... eventually though, they will have nothing down, and a bunch of FA's leaving for greener pastures.
    "I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis," - Stan Kroenke April 2010