Thread: Cardinals acquire two minor leaguers from Red Sox

Default Cardinals acquire two minor leaguers from Red Sox

Imeldo Diaz - http://www.baseball-reference.com/re...d=diaz--000ime

Stanley Espinal - http://www.baseball-reference.com/re...d=espina000sta

We traded Boston some International Signing Bonus money. We can't sign anyone of importance, anyway, since we spent so much last year.
    “Don't tell me about the world. Not today. It's springtime and they're knocking baseball around fields where the grass is damp and green in the morning and the kids are trying to hit the curve ball.” ―Pete Hamill

Default Re: Cardinals acquire two minor leaguers from Red Sox

• The Cardinals acquired outfielder Lane Thomas from the Blue Jays in exchange for international bonus pool money, as announced by the Cards’ Twitter feed. Thomas, 21, was a fifth-round pick for Toronto in 2014 who has a .242/.321/.379 slash line over 1109 career PA, none above the high-A level. The Jays entered the July 2 int’l signing period with $4.75MM bonus pool and they have already reportedly spent $2.15MM of that total on two notable prospects.
    “Don't tell me about the world. Not today. It's springtime and they're knocking baseball around fields where the grass is damp and green in the morning and the kids are trying to hit the curve ball.” ―Pete Hamill

Looking at them, I don't see anything of value except space fillers.
    "I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis," - Stan Kroenke April 2010

Better to get something of it than lose out totally.