Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blues in Free Agency

Default Blues in Free Agency

So far, the Blues have lost out on Justin Williams and Sam Gagner (not someone the Blues were linked to, but someone I thought would be a good fit). Also, Kenny Agostino signed with Boston.
    “Don't tell me about the world. Not today. It's springtime and they're knocking baseball around fields where the grass is damp and green in the morning and the kids are trying to hit the curve ball.” ―Pete Hamill

Default Re: Blues in Free Agency

Chris Thorburn to St. Louis Blues on a 2year $900K AAV

He's an enforcer who'd been with Winnipeg since they were in Atlanta. He is in his mid-30s and was taken by Vegas.
    “Don't tell me about the world. Not today. It's springtime and they're knocking baseball around fields where the grass is damp and green in the morning and the kids are trying to hit the curve ball.” ―Pete Hamill

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Chris Thorburn to St. Louis Blues on a 2year $900K AAV

He's an enforcer who'd been with Winnipeg since they were in Atlanta. He is in his mid-30s and was taken by Vegas.
    http://www.hockey-reference.com/play...thorbch01.html

Ryan Rishaug@TSNRyanRishaug

Sounds like Oilers have signed Ty Rattie

Jeremy Rutherford‏ @jprutherford

In addition to Thorburn, #stlblues announce they've signed UFA forward Beau Bennett (1 yr, $650,000) & RFA Oskar Sundqvist (1 yr, $650,000).

*yawn*

Great...uh...acquisitions...
    "People ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." -Rogers Hornsby

Quote Originally Posted by Helton72 View Post
    *yawn*

Great...uh...acquisitions...
    The Blues have to spend about $5-6 million to keep Parayko. I'd rather they'd have used the money they spent on those three guys to sign one scorer.

The Blues have to spend about $5-6 million to keep Parayko. I'd rather they'd have used the money they spent on those three guys to sign one scorer.
    That woulda at least made sense! Unlike what we did do.
    "People ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." -Rogers Hornsby

According to Armstrong, the Blues will have to fill the scoring need from within. Well, here's hoping they have players around we haven't noticed!

I guess we'll have to wait and see. I didn't expect us to do much in free agency anyways but still woulda been nice if it was a little large of an impact.

Not much accomplished, that's for sure. I agree it would have been nice to get a scorer, but they did add 25 goals with Brayden Schenn. If Fabbri comes back healthy, we should be in a decent spot offensively.
    "I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis," - Stan Kroenke April 2010

Nail Yakupov signed with Colorado.

Good deal for Colorado probably. Worth a shot and he's making under a million bucks.

Had such high hopes for him.... especially when he scored at the home opener.
    "I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis," - Stan Kroenke April 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Obabikon View Post
    Had such high hopes for him.... especially when he scored at the home opener.
    Right? I thought we had a steal there. Maybe going somewhere with no pressure and getting playing time will help him? We shall see.

I always viewed Yakupov like Paajarvi, a talented amateur who the Oilers drafted highly but didn't produce and the Blues were there to scoop him up.

I always viewed Yakupov like Paajarvi, a talented amateur who the Oilers drafted highly but didn't produce and the Blues were there to scoop him up.
    Makes sense to have that mentality for sure. Although I thought Magnus showed a lot more promise and thought it was odd whenever he got randomly benched. I mean hell, he did win us a playoff series in OT...he'll always have that.

St. Louis BluesVerified account @StLouisBlues 2 hours agoMore

The #stlblues have signed 2017 first-round draft pick @klimkostin24 to a three-year, entry level deal.

Only 18 years old...think he's gotta shot to break the main roster?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast