Thread: Who will the Blues lose in the Expansion Draft?

Default Who will the Blues lose in the Expansion Draft?

While I'd like it to be someone expensive like Lehtera or Gunnarsson, I think it'll be someone like Paajarvi or Yakupov.
    “Don't tell me about the world. Not today. It's springtime and they're knocking baseball around fields where the grass is damp and green in the morning and the kids are trying to hit the curve ball.” ―Pete Hamill

Default Re: Who will the Blues lose in the Expansion Draft?

I've seen mocks...I've seen Lehtera...I've seen Hutton...I've seen Perron. Doesn't sound like we'll protect Perron so I could see that happening the most. I dunno if Paajarvi or Yakupov are even eligible.
    "People ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." -Rogers Hornsby

Yakupov is eligible is the Blues tendered him a contract by yesterday for next season. Paajarvi is someone whose name I've seen taken in mock drafts.
    “Don't tell me about the world. Not today. It's springtime and they're knocking baseball around fields where the grass is damp and green in the morning and the kids are trying to hit the curve ball.” ―Pete Hamill

I don't think we'll be lucky enough for someone to take Yakupov or Lehtera haha

I don't wanna lose Hutton either. Pretty sure Vegas will get Fleury off Pittsburgh and I gotta think there's someone else out there they'd want. Ullmark from Buffalo, maybe.
    "People ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." -Rogers Hornsby

St. Louis Blues

Protected players
    Patrik Berglund (F)
    Ryan Reaves (F)
    Jaden Schwartz (F)
    Vladimir Sobotka (F)
    Paul Stastny (F)
    Alexander Steen (F)
    Vladimir Tarasenko (F)
    Jay Bouwmeester (D)
    Joel Edmundson (D)
    Alex Pietrangelo (D)
    Jake Allen (G)

Available players
    Kenny Agostino (F)
    Andrew Agozzino (F)
    Kyle Brodziak (F)
    Jordan Caron (F)
    Jacob Doty (F)
    Landon Ferraro (F)
    Alex Friesen (F)
    Evgeny Grachev (F)
    Dmitrij Jaskin (F)
    Jori Lehtera (F)
    Brad Malone (F)
    Magnus Paajarvi (F)
    David Perron (F)
    Ty Rattie (F)
    Scottie Upshall (F)
    Nail Yakupov (F)
    Robert Bortuzzo (D)
    Chris Butler (D)
    Morgan Ellis (D)
    Carl Gunnarsson (D)
    Jani Hakanpaa (D)
    Petteri Lindbohm (D)
    Reid McNeill (D)
    Jordan Binnington (G)
    Carter Hutton (G)

I still think it'll end up being Perron who goes but there are a few that make sense to get selected

Quote Originally Posted by Helton72 View Post
    I still think it'll end up being Perron who goes but there are a few that make sense to get selected
    I hope not. I hope that part of the agreement to share the Chicago Wolves minor league team with Vegas is that they take who we say...

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I hope not. I hope that part of the agreement to share the Chicago Wolves minor league team with Vegas is that they take who we say...
    I doubt it...the Wolves owner hates our guts haha

Quote Originally Posted by Helton72 View Post
    I doubt it...the Wolves owner hates our guts haha
    I didn't know that. But, how would that stop the Vegas GM and Armstrong from coming to an agreement?

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/ar...nal-mock-draft

From St. Louis: Nail Yakupov: RW

Even more so than a Grigorenko claim or a Ryan Strome claim, a Yakupov claim would excite me. Don’t you just want to see him unleashed once in his career before we write him off as a bust forever?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I didn't know that. But, how would that stop the Vegas GM and Armstrong from coming to an agreement?
    Yeah he couldn't wait to replace us with Vegas when given the chance. Something about bad communication on using the Wolves players and calls up and what not. Sounds like stupid crap...it really puts us in a shitty position when it comes to the younger talent.

And to answer your question...I guess nothing. I know we're trying to get them to take Lehtera. But I dunno if they're interested.

So, we lost Perron...bummer. The only thing that I hope is that we will have money to get a FA to replace him.

Losing Perron's 1 year contract isn't bad. We weren't going to give him an extension, and he'll get overpaid next summer. This doesn't hurt us that much. Might motivate the Blues to sign someone.
    "I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis," - Stan Kroenke April 2010

Yeah I'm cool with it. Perron disappeared in the playoffs, they can have him. Could be worse.

The Blues now have about $10 million in cap space for next year. Of course, Parayko is due for a big raise as a RFA and we have some free agents we may want back (Upshall). Here's a list of FA's: http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/free-agents/

Who should the Blues sign?

My God there are a lot of old dudes who used to be really good on this list. I dunno what to say about it. We definitely need scoring and maybe add another defensemen for some depth.

Someone like Justin Williams is intriguing.