Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help is on the way...

Cardinals Help is on the way...

The Memphis Redbirds have a ton of promising players playing really well.

Luke Weaver -- 6-1 with a 1.84 ERA this season in Memphis. Remember him? He was the "other" prospect who debuted last season (to less-than-spectacular results).

Jack Flaherty -- He's 21 and has now two starts in AAA (with a 1.50 ERA in 12 IP). He has flown through the minors since being drafted in 2014.

Marco Gonzales -- He finally looks healthy again since TJ surgery last year. He's basically missed the last two years because of injury. He has a 3.26 ERA in 5 starts in AAA.

Harrison Bader -- He played really well in ST and there was talk he could, somehow, make the big club to start the year. As it is, he has an 807 OPS and probably needs to walk more (only 16 in 210+ PAs) but he could be with the big club sooner rather than later.

Carson Kelly -- He's probably ready for the majors now, but we have this guy named Molina at catcher. Kelly was drafted as a third baseman...I wonder if he can still play there?
    “Don't tell me about the world. Not today. It's springtime and they're knocking baseball around fields where the grass is damp and green in the morning and the kids are trying to hit the curve ball.” ―Pete Hamill

Default Re: Help is on the way...

Well, maybe...Randal Grichuk is getting called up. They haven't announced who is being demoted/DL'd/released.
    “Don't tell me about the world. Not today. It's springtime and they're knocking baseball around fields where the grass is damp and green in the morning and the kids are trying to hit the curve ball.” ―Pete Hamill

I saw that Fowler and Siegrist are on the DL...and Huffman was sent down

We called up some dude named Luke Voit and also Mike Mayers
    "People ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." -Rogers Hornsby

Quote Originally Posted by Helton72 View Post
    I saw that Fowler and Siegrist are on the DL...and Huffman was sent down

We called up some dude named Luke Voit and also Mike Mayers
    Luke Voit. He's a first baseman from Lafayette HS (of Freese & Howard fame) in StL.

Fowler, who hasn’t played since Wednesday, is dealing with a right heel spur, per Langosch. The big-money offseason signing has pulled his weight offensively for a club that has struggled to a 33-40 start, making his loss another blow to its slim playoff chances. Fowler has slashed .245/.336/.481 with 13 long balls, matching his home run total from last year in nearly 300 fewer plate appearances (277 to 551), and a career-best .237 ISO. The 31-year-old has seemingly taken steps backward in the field, though, after he made progress in the grass with the Cubs in 2016. All told, Fowler has accounted for minus-8 defensive runs saved and a minus-8.3 UZR/150 in 60 games.
    At times a dominant member of St. Louis’ bullpen since debuting in 2013, the 27-year-old Siegrist is in the midst of one of his worst seasons and is now battling a cervical spine strain. The left-hander has managed a disappointing 4.28 ERA in 27 1/3 innings. Along the way, Siegrist has posted his lowest strikeout rate per nine (8.23), had issues with control (4.94 BB/9) and experienced a notable velocity drop. Siegrist has also had trouble versus left-handed hitters, who have batted .268/.375/.463 off him this year.

Oh nice! I didn't know that. I see he's been crushing it in the minors.

Grichuk is back too.
    "People ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." -Rogers Hornsby

In reality, I'm one of those hateful liberals
    Pnk

just picked up a prescription that used to be $65 and is now $100. thanks ObamaIslamoCommunistDeathPanelTaxCare
    Enya
    If they like their cake, they can keep their cake.
    Marie Antoinette

Hank Hill: What the hell kind of country is this where I can only hate a man if he's white?

I hate this BP so much.... they are SO incredibly bad.
    "I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis," - Stan Kroenke April 2010

Matheny continues to be delusional too. Saying they've been mostly good all season

No dummy, that's not true

Mostly good? Maybe he was referring to Oh and Rosie. They have been ok most of the time. The rest of the pen has been aweful.
    "I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis," - Stan Kroenke April 2010

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DD1TWUrUIAAgY28.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	9577
    Luke Weaver called up, Mayers demoted.

huh...weird. Only because I woulda thought if Weaver was coming up, he'd be starting.

Unless...

• Cardinals southpaw Zach Duke is stepping up to the High-A level to begin his rehab assignment in earnest, as MLB.com’s Jenifer Langosch reports on Twitter. The veteran southpaw, who is working back from Tommy John surgery, now seems on track to provide a potentially significant boost to the Cards — who are now in the thick of things in a middling NL Central.

That is friggin crazy...but hurry back anyway Duke

Quote Originally Posted by Helton72 View Post
    That is friggin crazy...but hurry back anyway Duke
    It's odd how some pitchers can come back in 9-10 months and others take up to 2 years to make it back.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/240544...l-at-deadline/

Cardinals interested in Josh Donaldson. What would it take to get him? I'd imagine most players would be available.

Donaldson is a stud...struggling a bit this year and has been hurt but man that would be pretty sweet. Dunno what it would take.

Piscotty to the DL, Sierra recalled.

With Piscotty going down... what does it take to get Donaldson?

While I understand he doesn't fit in the outfield... I'm thinking lineup wise. We need the bat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast