Thread: Albert Pujols at 599 HR

Default Albert Pujols at 599 HR

He's a shoe-in Hall of Famer but I hope that people remember it's because of his years in St. Louis and not the last 6 in Anaheim. He's a shell of his former self. That being said, here's hoping he finishes his career strong.

Now, predictions. How many HRs will Albert hit before he retires? I'm guessing about 650.
    “Don't tell me about the world. Not today. It's springtime and they're knocking baseball around fields where the grass is damp and green in the morning and the kids are trying to hit the curve ball.” ―Pete Hamill

Default Re: Albert Pujols at 599 HR

He'll be over 700. He has fallen off, but the Angels have to pay him regardless. If they aren't going to win... they'll be trying to jack his AB's up so that he can hit milestones.
    "I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis," - Stan Kroenke April 2010

Default Re: Albert Pujols at 599 HR

Yeah and the fact he can just DH and not play the field, that'll help. I think he gets over 700 too because these days he's all power and nothing much else
    "People ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." -Rogers Hornsby