Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maybe it's time.

Default Re: Maybe it's time.

• Right-hander Miguel Socolovich was outrighted to the Cardinals’ Triple-A after clearing waivers. St. Louis designated the 30-year-old for assignment in late May after he allowed 18 runs in 18 2/3 innings of work. The well-traveled righty has a 4.25 ERA over the life of 82 2/3 Major League innings, and he’s averaged 7.5 K/9 against 3.0 BB/9 in that time. Socolovich could’ve elected free agency but instead accepted his assignment and will hope for another crack at the Majors later in 2017.
    Socolovich is sticking around, it seems.
    “Don't tell me about the world. Not today. It's springtime and they're knocking baseball around fields where the grass is damp and green in the morning and the kids are trying to hit the curve ball.” ―Pete Hamill

I am happy, at the very least, they knew they needed to cut the fat.

Socolovich did clear waivers though...so that's good
    "People ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." -Rogers Hornsby

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Since the beginning of the season, the Cardinals have shed Matt Adams, Jonathan Broxton, Miguel Socolovich and now Jhonny Peralta. I can't remember the last time so much wasted space has been freed up in such a short time.
    For the record... Matt Adams is absolutely MASHING the ball for the Braves right now. SLG nearly .600 for them since we traded him for peanuts.
    "I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis," - Stan Kroenke April 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Obabikon View Post
    For the record... Matt Adams is absolutely MASHING the ball for the Braves right now. SLG nearly .600 for them since we traded him for peanuts.
    Mo should have cut Peralta then and held onto Adams...but at the time it was a different story, I guess. Jhonny was just getting back and we didn't know he'd suck so much.
    "People ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." -Rogers Hornsby

The Cardinals have a day-night doubleheader this Tuesday at home vs. the Brewers. Marco Gonzales will be called up to make one of the starts.
    “Don't tell me about the world. Not today. It's springtime and they're knocking baseball around fields where the grass is damp and green in the morning and the kids are trying to hit the curve ball.” ―Pete Hamill

Interesting...my money woulda been on Weaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    It was then, but now this is.
    I feel as if we have achieved a new low point.
    In reality, I'm one of those hateful liberals
    Pnk

just picked up a prescription that used to be $65 and is now $100. thanks ObamaIslamoCommunistDeathPanelTaxCare
    Enya
    If they like their cake, they can keep their cake.
    Marie Antoinette

Hank Hill: What the hell kind of country is this where I can only hate a man if he's white?

It's definitely past time. This team is just running in place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12