Thread: Cards promote Sierra

Default Cards promote Sierra

Cardinals recalled OF Magneuris Sierra from High-A Palm Beach.

It's quite the jump for the 21-year-old Sierra, who is starting in center field and batting seventh for the Cardinals on Sunday in Atlanta. The Cards' hand was forced a bit here, as Stephen Piscotty (hamstring), Dexter Fowler (shoulder) and Jose Martinez (groin) are hurt and Sierra is the only outfielder on the 40-man roster that wasn't already on the active roster. Sierra was batting .272/.337/.407 with three steals at Palm Beach and surely isn't MLB-ready offensively, but he's got an excellent glove in center field. With Fowler and Piscotty not expected to miss much time, Sierra's stay figures to be short.
    "People ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." -Rogers Hornsby

Default Re: Cards promote Sierra

He just singled off RA Dickey for his first major league hit!
    “Don't tell me about the world. Not today. It's springtime and they're knocking baseball around fields where the grass is damp and green in the morning and the kids are trying to hit the curve ball.” ―Pete Hamill

Dang, he got picked off 1B.
    “Don't tell me about the world. Not today. It's springtime and they're knocking baseball around fields where the grass is damp and green in the morning and the kids are trying to hit the curve ball.” ―Pete Hamill

It's fun to get to see him play but he's a bit out of his depth at this point in his carrer
    "People ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." -Rogers Hornsby

Hopefully Pham continues knocking that crap out of the ball.
    "I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis," - Stan Kroenke April 2010

Sierra was demoted to Double-A Springfield. Here's hoping we see him again this season.