Thread: Rosenthal got the save today

Cardinals Rosenthal got the save today

• It may be a small sample of work, but Trevor Rosenthal’s early command has impressed the Cardinals to the point where he’s quickly becoming a late-inning option once again, writes MLB.com’s Jenifer Langosch. Rosenthal has yet to reach a three-ball count with any of the 10 men he’s faced, and his velocity is up noticeably from the 2016 season as well, per Statcast. Manager Mike Matheny tells Langosch that with several of the team’s setup options struggling, Rosenthal “is in the conversation” for a top setup gig following his early work. Rosenthal tossed a 100.6 mph fastball on Monday and is averaging 98.7 mph on his heater, according to Statcast.
    If Oh keeps pitching like Jason Isringhausen, I wonder how long before we see more of Rosenthal in the 9th?
    “Don't tell me about the world. Not today. It's springtime and they're knocking baseball around fields where the grass is damp and green in the morning and the kids are trying to hit the curve ball.” ―Pete Hamill

Default Re: Rosenthal got the save today

Sweep!

Maybe we shouldn't start game threads?
    "How good was Stan Musial? He was good enough to take your breath away." -Vin Scully.

2-1 win...2-1 win...2-1 win...

That's some consistency haha
    "People ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." -Rogers Hornsby

As I was watching game 2, I decided I should make a game thread... didn't want to jinx it.

I hope Rosie gets the job back before it becomes a "problem". He has been absolutely DEALING. Oh has not...
    "I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis," - Stan Kroenke April 2010

Cardinals next 20 games have to be good. It is a very easy stretch in the schedule, and we can't afford not to win a bunch of games on these stretches.
    "I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis," - Stan Kroenke April 2010