Thread: Cardinals vs. Yankees

Default Cardinals vs. Yankees

Carp just smashed a homer to right center.

2-0 good guys in game one!
    "I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis," - Stan Kroenke April 2010

Default Re: Cardinals vs. Yankees

Kolten Wong absolutely sucks. His swing is horrible. He has absolutely ZERO chance at a ball up in the zone.
    "I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis," - Stan Kroenke April 2010

Damnit... you have to send the runner! You're not going to get another hit off of Chapman.

Yadier needs another day off. He looks bad behind the plate. Passed ball, then a wild pitch (that wasn't that wild). Martinez walked the first two batters.... not good. This team is nearly unwatchable.

4 walks in the first, but only gave up 1 run. Not good, but he didn't kill us. Pen better get ready.... 37 pitches in the first inning is a TON.

Not a single ball in play. 3 strike outs, 4 walks.... crazy.

10 batters.... 5 walks, 5 strike outs... no balls in play. Crazy.

Carlos is absolutely filthy. Wish he hadn't wasted all those pitches in the first. 11 k's with 13 outs.

Fowler is not seeing the ball well at all. They're grooving the first two pitches (which he is ALWAYS taking) every time.

It might be time to give him a day off. He's playing good defense, but we have to have our leadoff hitter get on base.

At the very least, move him next to Wong in the lineup.

Carpenter called on a check swing again. Really didn't look like he went around, but I am biased.

Does anyone post on here anymore?

Why on earth is Matheny leaving Carlos out there? So stupid. He hasn't been pitching overly well. Lots of k's, but lots of walks. He was at 105 pitches through 5. He has now given up another 2 runs, and is at 118.

Matheny had better start managing baseball correctly. He has been absolutely horrible to begin the season.

This hasn't exactly been a great start to the damn season, has it? wth is going on
    "People ask me what I do in winter when thereís no baseball. Iíll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." -Rogers Hornsby

I can't remember the last time we've started this poorly. I hope that this is just a hiccup and we can turn it around.
    ďDon't tell me about the world. Not today. It's springtime and they're knocking baseball around fields where the grass is damp and green in the morning and the kids are trying to hit the curve ball.Ē ―Pete Hamill

They said it's our worst start in 11 years...or was it 17? It was a lot
    "People ask me what I do in winter when thereís no baseball. Iíll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." -Rogers Hornsby

Fowler first AB tonight... look at one down the middle, look at one down the middle.... swing at one in the dirt. SWING ON THE FIRST FREAKING PITCH!!!!!

Fowler swinging on the first pitch... lines a hit into right! Well done!

This team is unwatchable. What IS going on? Is there a problem?
    "How good was Stan Musial? He was good enough to take your breath away." -Vin Scully.

We need someone to lead the team. We lack a good leader. Even our manager is a mediocre leader right now. Someone has to step up and show some freaking passion out there. They don't even seem to care (I know they do, but show it)!

And now we get PIT after they swept the Cubs haha

This is bizzarro world...Reds in first, Brew Crew in 2nd.