Thread: Mike Matheny

Default Mike Matheny

Matheny brings in Cecil in the 8th inning to face Harper. WHY????? Why on earth would you have ANY faith that this guy can get one of the best hitters in baseball out right now? Its a 3-1 lead... we absolutely need this game.

After quickly falling behind 2-0... he battled back to 3-2. Then... Harper absolutely SMASHES a line drive straight at Gyorko.

We got out of the jam, but the reality is, Matheny likes to show "trust" in players.... even when they're playing HORRIBLY. That (in my opinion) is the worst thing he does. You want Cecil to get right? Pitch him when we're down 5. Pitch him when we're up 5.... not when the game is on the line.
    "I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis," - Stan Kroenke April 2010

Default Re: Mike Matheny

He's got loyalty to a fault...it drives me nuts sometimes/
    "People ask me what I do in winter when thereís no baseball. Iíll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." -Rogers Hornsby

When you bring in a left to face a lefty... and he walks him, he should be pulled. Not left in to face a righty.

Seigrist... lead off walk to the left, HR to the righty. He is an absolute mess. Why bring him in with a 1 run lead?
    "I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis," - Stan Kroenke April 2010

Well... we lose by 2. Which is exactly the number of runs Matheny cost us by leaving in Siegrist after he walked the first batter.

Matheny needs to just establish a rule with his lefties. If I bring you in to face a lefty, and you walk him... you're done for the day.