Thread: City of St. Louis to sue the NFL and all NFL teams

Default City of St. Louis to sue the NFL and all NFL teams

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/35132382...ams-relocation

FANTASTIC news! I wish they had filed this lawsuit the second the vote took place.
    "I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis," - Stan Kroenke April 2010

Default Re: City of St. Louis to sue the NFL and all NFL teams

How does this work? I saw it yesterday and just laughed and didn't take it seriously haha
    "People ask me what I do in winter when thereís no baseball. Iíll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." -Rogers Hornsby

Default Re: City of St. Louis to sue the NFL and all NFL teams

The NFL established by-laws years ago to govern the way teams are allowed to move.

Anyone who dismisses this as something that isn't important doesn't realize what it did. First off, the NFL has benefited for YEARS off of these laws. Cities felt that they could support their teams without worrying about them leaving on a whim. The NFL had established laws on their own. They didn't have to, but they wanted to ensure their cities that if supported they would return the favor.

By creating a law (even if it was on their own) they put that responsibility of obeying the law on themselves. If they break their own rules, they are absolutely subject to a lawsuit from a party that they wronged. Especially when the city of St. Louis spent 20+ million dollars on a proposal that the NFL didn't even consider.

This is a legitimate lawsuit. At the very least, the NFL will probably end up paying the cost the proposal and plans.

The other lawsuits are nearly slam dunks too. PSL owners have a legal contract that was broken by the Rams. Also, what judge in his right mind is going to allow Kroenke to purchase the practice facility for $1... years after he abandoned the city? I'm looking forward to this. I think the NFL and the Rams are going to get hammered in the press and in the wallet.
    "I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis," - Stan Kroenke April 2010