Thread: Return Sobotka (for real this time)

Default Return Sobotka (for real this time)

ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Blues President of Hockey Operations and General Manager Doug Armstrong announced today that forward Vladimir Sobotka will join the Blues to fulfill his one-year obligation to the club.
    In addition, Armstrong announced that the Blues have signed Sobotka to a three-year contract extension worth $10.5 million.

Sobotka, whose extension will begin with the 2017-18 season, will join the Blues in Carolina.
    Sobotka, 29, has spent the past three seasons with Omsk Avangard of the Kontinental Hockey League. In 2016-17, the 5-foot-10, 197-pound forward logged 30 points (nine goals, 21 assists) and 30 penalty minutes in 41 regular season games and 10 points (three goals, seven assists) in 12 postseason games. Overall, Sobotka totaled 102 points (37 goals, 65 assists) and 103 penalty minutes in 138 career KHL regular season games, as well as 14 points (four goals, 10 assists) and 16 penalty minutes in 18 career postseason games.
    Prior to his stint in the KHL, Sobotka spent four seasons with the Blues, recording 101 points (29 goals, 72 assists) in 247 regular season games and eight points (one goal, seven assists) in 21 playoff games.
    Overall, the Trebic, Czech Republic, native has appeared in seven NHL seasons, accumulating 123 points (35 goals, 88 assists) in 381 career regular season games and 12 points (three goals, nine assists) in 40 career playoff games.
    “Don't tell me about the world. Not today. It's springtime and they're knocking baseball around fields where the grass is damp and green in the morning and the kids are trying to hit the curve ball.” ―Pete Hamill

Default Re: Return Sobotka (for real this time)

I love it...there are a lot of haters in STL who don't

And they are dumb

No offense to them
    "People ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." -Rogers Hornsby

He absolutely has to play on Sunday I guess. If he doesn't, he doesn't burn up the year of arbitration, and he is not playoff eligible.

What a weird situation this has been. Glad he's back!
    "I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis," - Stan Kroenke April 2010

I hope the Blues are smart and rest some guys...Petro and Bouwmeester come to mind
    "People ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." -Rogers Hornsby

Sobotka gets a goal in his first game back! Awesome!
    "I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis," - Stan Kroenke April 2010

It seems like we have a glut of forwards now but are a little thin on defense. I like Sobotka coming back but wish the team was more balanced.
    “Don't tell me about the world. Not today. It's springtime and they're knocking baseball around fields where the grass is damp and green in the morning and the kids are trying to hit the curve ball.” ―Pete Hamill

I think that if Bortuzzo is back, we're good on defense. Not great but good.