Thread: What Wong needs to do

Default What Wong needs to do

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/m/d056b...ay-in-the.html

I hope this article is correct. I'm perfectly fine with Wong being a platoon or being a fulltimer if he's producing. If it's June 1st and he's hitting .200 with a .250 obp... Jedd needs the full time gig.
    "I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis," - Stan Kroenke April 2010

Default Re: What Wong needs to do

http://www.12up.com/posts/4779367-ca...m_medium=share

I don't hide that I'm not a Wong fan. However... read this article, and you wont be either.

The guy is being a pretty big prick given he's the 3rd (or 4th) best overall 2B on the team.... (Garcia, Gyrko, maybe even Carpenter). I'm done with him.
    "I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis," - Stan Kroenke April 2010

• Cardinals GM John Mozeliak expressed some displeasure with recent comments from second baseman Kolten Wong, as ESPN.com’s Mark Saxon writes. Wong had stated rather forcefully that he was uninterested in sharing time at second — a possibility that has been discussed (externally, at least) due both to his continued struggles at the plate this spring and the presence of Jedd Gyorko. Though Wong softened his initial statement, making clear he wants to remain in St. Louis, Mozeliak said he felt the “comments were a little tough given the fact we have other players playing well.” The veteran executive took a measured tone, but made clear where the organization stands. “Starting Sunday, we’re playing to win,” he said. “Whenever a player is trying to accomplish something in spring training, that can’t be an excuse for why things aren’t going well.”
    “Don't tell me about the world. Not today. It's springtime and they're knocking baseball around fields where the grass is damp and green in the morning and the kids are trying to hit the curve ball.” ―Pete Hamill

If Wong came into spring training thinking he had the job with no competition... he's a bigger idiot than I thought he was. Gyorko mashed the ball last year. He had to know if Peralta won the 3B job... Jedd was coming for 2nd.

Heck... here's a pretty good argument that Gyorko is actually a better defensive 2b than Wong.

http://redbirddaily.com/st-louis-car...ten-wong-2489/

He thinks that because we invested money in him (which I always said was stupid) that he's entitled to start.

He's wrong as usual...he's a bigger headcase than Jaime Garcia...and that's tough to do.
    "People ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." -Rogers Hornsby

At least Jaime Garcia was a successful big league baseball player. Wong has shown very little in his years in the bigs.