Thread: Jose Martinez

Cardinals Jose Martinez

He just hit a bomb of a HR off of Matt Harvey. He's been quite impressive so far. I wonder if he can beat out Pham for the extra OF spot...or, make the team as a 5th outfielder?
    “Don't tell me about the world. Not today. It's springtime and they're knocking baseball around fields where the grass is damp and green in the morning and the kids are trying to hit the curve ball.” ―Pete Hamill

Default Re: Jose Martinez

I think Pham is pretty much a lock to make the team. He would need to hit bellow .200 all of spring to miss out.

On the side note... there are quite a few young guys who are hot right now. Would be great if we had a couple break outs!

Magneuris Sierra is playing well
    Bader could easily make the team if he keeps this up
    Patrick Wisdom is hitting well
    Anthony Garcia is looking good too

(and of course Jose Martinez)

It is kind of fun going into spring with spots available. Keep up the competition guys... you could be in the big leagues for opening day!
    "I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis," - Stan Kroenke April 2010

Default Re: Jose Martinez

Martinez is an interesting guy...he could play some first base too if needed.
    "People ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." -Rogers Hornsby