Thread: Marco Gonzales update

Cardinals Marco Gonzales update

• Cardinals lefty Marco Gonzales threw from a mound on Friday for the first time in almost a year, Hummel also notes. Gonzales had Tommy John surgery in April and also missed much of the 2015 season due to injury. The former first-round draft pick hopes to pitch in game action by May. That timeline (which presumably would include a rehab assignment) would have him back on an active roster (whether thatís in Triple-A Memphis or in St. Louis) by early summer.
    The true harbinger of spring is not crocuses or swallows returning to Capistrano, but the sound of the bat on the ball. ~Bill Veeck

Default Re: Marco Gonzales update

I read that he's supposed to throw a practice BP session with breaking stuff next week. (instead of just fastballs)

Cautiously optimistic news.
    "I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis," - Stan Kroenke April 2010

Don't expect too much from him this year but his presence will add some depth
    "People ask me what I do in winter when thereís no baseball. Iíll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." -Rogers Hornsby

I'm just hoping he can get healthy enough to be a BP lefty... play well, and be potential trade bait at the deadline.
    "I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis," - Stan Kroenke April 2010

Before he got hurt, he pitched well in his short time in the Majors. I am hopeful he makes the team when he's healthy and contributes for a long time to come.
    The true harbinger of spring is not crocuses or swallows returning to Capistrano, but the sound of the bat on the ball. ~Bill Veeck