Thread: Marco Gonzales update

Cardinals Marco Gonzales update

• Cardinals lefty Marco Gonzales threw from a mound on Friday for the first time in almost a year, Hummel also notes. Gonzales had Tommy John surgery in April and also missed much of the 2015 season due to injury. The former first-round draft pick hopes to pitch in game action by May. That timeline (which presumably would include a rehab assignment) would have him back on an active roster (whether that’s in Triple-A Memphis or in St. Louis) by early summer.
    “Don't tell me about the world. Not today. It's springtime and they're knocking baseball around fields where the grass is damp and green in the morning and the kids are trying to hit the curve ball.” ―Pete Hamill

Default Re: Marco Gonzales update

I read that he's supposed to throw a practice BP session with breaking stuff next week. (instead of just fastballs)

Cautiously optimistic news.
    "I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis," - Stan Kroenke April 2010

Don't expect too much from him this year but his presence will add some depth
    "People ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." -Rogers Hornsby

I'm just hoping he can get healthy enough to be a BP lefty... play well, and be potential trade bait at the deadline.
    "I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis," - Stan Kroenke April 2010

Before he got hurt, he pitched well in his short time in the Majors. I am hopeful he makes the team when he's healthy and contributes for a long time to come.
    “Don't tell me about the world. Not today. It's springtime and they're knocking baseball around fields where the grass is damp and green in the morning and the kids are trying to hit the curve ball.” ―Pete Hamill