Thread: It would be interesting to read what some of you think the Lions need to do to makeSB

Default It would be interesting to read what some of you think the Lions need to do to makeSB

Seems like the Lions have been a fair amount of player upgrades away, ever since the Super Bowl came into being, what is that now 51 years?

Default Re: It would be interesting to read what some of you think the Lions need to do to ma

Is it totally pessimistic to think 30 plane crashes........
    Another day, another dollar......

Default Re: It would be interesting to read what some of you think the Lions need to do to ma

Quote Originally Posted by CSSudds View Post
    Is it totally pessimistic to think 30 plane crashes........
    If we make the playoffs we only need 11 plane crashes. Or if you look at what happened to the Raiders we probably only need 11 or so strategic car accidents.

We need RB, RT, RG, Physical WR, TE, DT, DE, MLB. It is amazing how we know this team lacks talent and yet so many are afraid to move on. For example, some would say that no way we need a RB. But we actually need a power back. ZZ may be the best white RB in the league but he still isn't good enough. I like the guy and I like his story but he isn't what we need. Also AA hasn't proven we can count on him yet and Washington is extremely raw. This year's draft is loaded at RB and we should take one in the 3rd or 4th round. Then let ZZ and Washington fight it out in camp for the 4th spot.

Idoubtit.....I agree with every one of the Lions needs you mentioned and would add CB to your list. Depth at CB is a real problem, the dropoff is huge when one of the starting CB is injured or even out for a couple of plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Suntree View Post
    Idoubtit.....I agree with every one of the Lions needs you mentioned and would add CB to your list. Depth at CB is a real problem, the dropoff is huge when one of the starting CB is injured or even out for a couple of plays.
    CB is a lower priority for me because it is hard to guage DBs when your dline is making you cover for so long. Also, short passes killed us this year because our LBers couldn't cover and Austin was playing our secondary so deep in his bend but don't break style. I think our DBs would be adequate if we had a better front 7 and could play more aggressively.

True......our defense had a lot of problems that need to be fixed: stopping the run, covering TE's (the center of the field was wide open all year long) short passes, crossing routes just to name a few.