Thread: Canes claim Ty Rattie off waivers

Default Canes claim Ty Rattie off waivers

Canes claim Ty Rattie off waivers from Blues in series of moves

12:03 PM CT

RALEIGH, N.C. -- The Carolina Hurricanes have claimed winger Ty Rattie off waivers from the St. Louis Blues and placed backup goalie Eddie Lack on injured reserve.
    In a series of moves Wednesday, general manager Ron Francis also says the Hurricanes recalled goalie Michael Leighton from their AHL affiliate in Charlotte and sent goalie Daniel Altshuller back to the minors.
    The 23-year-old Rattie has not played in an NHL game since Nov. 28 and scored all four of his career goals last season.
    Lack has played in only five games this season, and none since Nov. 10. His move to IR came a day after the team announced he had a concussion.
    Altshuller was recalled before Tuesday night's loss to New Jersey to serve as Cam Ward's backup.
    “Don't tell me about the world. Not today. It's springtime and they're knocking baseball around fields where the grass is damp and green in the morning and the kids are trying to hit the curve ball.” ―Pete Hamill

Default Re: Canes claim Ty Rattie off waivers

I guess Rattie never panned out for the Blues. He was highly regarded for a while there. Good luck in Carolina, Ty. He'll likely get a lot more playing time!
    “Don't tell me about the world. Not today. It's springtime and they're knocking baseball around fields where the grass is damp and green in the morning and the kids are trying to hit the curve ball.” ―Pete Hamill

Tough thing to lose him whenever he wasn't really given a chance here
    "People ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." -Rogers Hornsby

Quote Originally Posted by Helton72 View Post
    Tough thing to lose him whenever he wasn't really given a chance here
    30 games in 4 seasons. I find it interesting that they were so willing to give up on him but some players, inexplicably (Berglund), play every game!

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    30 games in 4 seasons. I find it interesting that they were so willing to give up on him but some players, inexplicably (Berglund), play every game!
    Earning 3 million bucks per season will do that haha
    "People ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." -Rogers Hornsby

I'm glad...dunno how much he'll actually play but its nice for depth.