Thread: Winter Classic

Default Winter Classic

Sucks that its supposed to rain off and on today and tomorrow. Sounds like they aren't going to delay it. It'll be cool to see Busch as an ice rink!

Let's go BLUES!
    "I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis," - Stan Kroenke April 2010

Default Re: Winter Classic

That was a pretty good game and pretty cool to see Busch Stadium converted into a hockey rink. It has also hosted soccer games and rock concerts so it's kind of a multi-purpose stadium!
    “Don't tell me about the world. Not today. It's springtime and they're knocking baseball around fields where the grass is damp and green in the morning and the kids are trying to hit the curve ball.” ―Pete Hamill

I got a chance to go to the alumni game and despite not a good view (even from the bleachers) it was so cool to say I was there for that

And an awesome showcase and win today for both the team and the city
    "People ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." -Rogers Hornsby

This is a rather late reply but I've been absent from the forums for quite some time. I got to attend both the Alumni Game and the Winter Classic itself. It was an unforgettable experience. The fans didn't dampen the fans experience at all. It was great to see the Blues win both games. The sustained roar of the crowd after Tarasenko scored his second goal of the game will be one of the many memories that I will have from that game. If I ever have the chance to attend an event like this again, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by FHgrad99 View Post
    This is a rather late reply but I've been absent from the forums for quite some time. I got to attend both the Alumni Game and the Winter Classic itself. It was an unforgettable experience. The fans didn't dampen the fans experience at all. It was great to see the Blues win both games. The sustained roar of the crowd after Tarasenko scored his second goal of the game will be one of the many memories that I will have from that game. If I ever have the chance to attend an event like this again, I would do it in a heartbeat.
    Welcome back!
    “Don't tell me about the world. Not today. It's springtime and they're knocking baseball around fields where the grass is damp and green in the morning and the kids are trying to hit the curve ball.” ―Pete Hamill