Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2016 Cardinals

Default Re: 2016 Cardinals

Rather than spend money on a "super sub". I would rather give Diaz the job. He was a monster at the end of the season this year. Of course, I don't expect that... but the Cardinals are paying him... might as well use him.
    "I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis," - Stan Kroenke April 2010

Updated for Mike Leake signing. This looks like a complete team, but I wouldn't rule out a couple more moves:

Bullpen: I don't actually think we'll see Cooney and Lyons in the pen. One or both will probably start at Memphis if they're not needed in the Major League rotation. Kiekhefer may actually have the best shot at being the second lefty reliever alongside Siegrist, and the other spot could go to any of the righties on the roster. They said they see Bowman as a major league reliever when they took him, Harris has seen time in the pen last year, and Tuivailala has the highest upside of the group if he can throw strikes. And there's still a decent chance the team will sign somebody else to relieve too.

First Base: It still seems odd for a team to carry both Adams and Moss, so it feels like there's probably a move yet to be made here, front office protestation aside.
    Would it be okay with you if we wrote a reminder of things we'd forget to do today otherwise, using a green magic marker (if it's alright), on the back of your head?

Per Jeff Passsan - Rosey gets $5.6 million, avoiding arbitration. That's a heck of a raise.
    "How good was Stan Musial? He was good enough to take your breath away." -Vin Scully.

Cardinals have reached agreements with all of their arbitration-eligible players. Moss gets $8.25 million (!) No word yet on what Maness and Adams got.
    "How good was Stan Musial? He was good enough to take your breath away." -Vin Scully.

I wish I could make 8.25 million to be mediocre at my job
    "People ask me what I do in winter when thereís no baseball. Iíll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." -Rogers Hornsby

Quote Originally Posted by Helton72 View Post
    I wish I could make 8.25 million to be mediocre at my job
    I wish that I could make 8.25 to be good at mine! I'd take less to be mediocre. :-)

Adams got 1.65 MM, per Heyman.

Maness got $1.4 MM.
    Last edited by Annie Savoy; 01-15-2016 at 04:43 PM.

Updated. There's something in the air. Might be ... sniff, sniff ... Spring?
    Would it be okay with you if we wrote a reminder of things we'd forget to do today otherwise, using a green magic marker (if it's alright), on the back of your head?

Opening Day Roster:

Catchers

Yadier Molina
    Brayan Pena
    Infielders

Matt Adams
    Brandon Moss
    Matt Carpenter
    Kolten Wong
    Jed Gyorko
    Greg Garcia
    Outfielders

Matt Holliday
    Randal Grichuk
    Stephen Piscotty
    Tommy Pham
    Jeremy Hazelbaker
    Starting Pitchers

Adam Wainwright
    Michael Wacha
    Mike Leake
    Jaime Garcia
    Carlos Martinez
    Relief Pitchers

Trevor Rosenthal
    Kevin Siegrist
    Seung Hwan Oh
    Seth Maness
    Jonathan Broxton
    Tyler Lyons
    Matt Bowman

http://www.vivaelbirdos.com/2016/3/3...ing-day-roster
    In reality, I'm one of those hateful liberals
    Pnk

just picked up a prescription that used to be $65 and is now $100. thanks ObamaIslamoCommunistDeathPanelTaxCare
    Enya
    If they like their cake, they can keep their cake.
    Marie Antoinette

Hank Hill: What the hell kind of country is this where I can only hate a man if he's white?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12