Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 116

Thread: Papelbon to Nats for RHP Nick Pivetta

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    50,771

    Default Re: Papelbon to Nats for RHP Nick Pivetta

    Quote Originally Posted by brett5355 View Post
    Yeah that was the kid I was thinking off. Good riddance to good rubbish, as they say.
    Bringing the discussion full circle, Nyger Morgan was part of a trade that sent Lastings Milledge from the Nats to Pittsburgh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douche View Post
    Back in my day, men played with wood.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    50,771

    Default Re: Papelbon to Nats for RHP Nick Pivetta

    Quote Originally Posted by ill View Post
    granted, someone (Williams) should have told Harper to run it out. Should have sat him on the bench after that. I don't think Papelbon should have been the one to do it, especially with the "relationship" he has with Harper already
    Seriously. Didn't Paps see "Major League"? Talk to the guy after the game, at his palatial estate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douche View Post
    Back in my day, men played with wood.

  3. #43

    Default Re: Papelbon to Nats for RHP Nick Pivetta

    Quote Originally Posted by ill View Post
    granted, someone (Williams) should have told Harper to run it out. Should have sat him on the bench after that. I don't think Papelbon should have been the one to do it, especially with the "relationship" he has with Harper already
    Bench the league MVP over a pop-up?
    I see the light at the end of the tunnel now
    Someone please tell me it's not a train

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    64,690

    Default Re: Papelbon to Nats for RHP Nick Pivetta

    Quote Originally Posted by Obligatory MacPhailure View Post
    Bench the league MVP over a pop-up?
    Jimmy Rollins has been benched for not running out a pop up. Why is Bryce any different?

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    46,318

    Default Re: Papelbon to Nats for RHP Nick Pivetta

    Quote Originally Posted by ill View Post
    Jimmy Rollins has been benched for not running out a pop up. Why is Bryce any different?

    Except he didn't not run it out. He was jogging, but he didn't just stand there and watch it. He kind of slowed down and dogged it the last 2-3 steps. Do you expect every guy to sprint balls out on every pop fly?

    I can't believe I'm sticking up for Bryce Harper, but not many guys play the game as hard as he does.


  6. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    64,690

    Default Re: Papelbon to Nats for RHP Nick Pivetta

    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
    Except he didn't not run it out. He was jogging, but he didn't just stand there and watch it. He kind of slowed down and dogged it the last 2-3 steps. Do you expect every guy to sprint balls out on every pop fly?

    I can't believe I'm sticking up for Bryce Harper, but not many guys play the game as hard as he does.
    you always touch first base. That's how I was taught.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    46,318

    Default Re: Papelbon to Nats for RHP Nick Pivetta

    Quote Originally Posted by ill View Post
    you always touch first base. That's how I was taught.

    Yes, because you should play MLB by the exact same unwritten rules that Ill played by in little league. Otherwise Paps gonna choke yo' fucking ass out in the dugout.


  8. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    50,771

    Default Re: Papelbon to Nats for RHP Nick Pivetta

    Quote Originally Posted by ill View Post
    Jimmy Rollins has been benched for not running out a pop up. Why is Bryce any different?
    Harper made it to first base. This ain't college, where they have coaches wanting guys to touch second on every fly ball they hit. He stood at the plate, and jogged down to first.

    Paps probably flipped his shit because he had thrown at Machado earlier in the week for doing something similar (obviously on a homer, not a routine fly out) and Harper bitched about Paps throwing at him.

    Papelbon wanted a chance to chirp back. Dude is a Grade AA douchebag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douche View Post
    Back in my day, men played with wood.

  9. #49

    Default Re: Papelbon to Nats for RHP Nick Pivetta

    Quote Originally Posted by ill View Post
    Jimmy Rollins has been benched for not running out a pop up. Why is Bryce any different?
    I remember thinking that was bullshit, too. Like J-Roll needed to be taught how to play hard. He doesn't get benched if him and Charlie aren't having issues at that time. (That was around the same time he got benched for getting stuck in traffic.)
    I see the light at the end of the tunnel now
    Someone please tell me it's not a train

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    64,690

    Default Re: Papelbon to Nats for RHP Nick Pivetta

    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
    Yes, because you should play MLB by the exact same unwritten rules that Ill played by in little league. Otherwise Paps gonna choke yo' fucking ass out in the dugout.
    I am pretty sure that (unspoken) rule is carried up to the majors

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    64,690

    Default Re: Papelbon to Nats for RHP Nick Pivetta

    Quote Originally Posted by jcarm22 View Post
    Harper made it to first base. This ain't college, where they have coaches wanting guys to touch second on every fly ball they hit. He stood at the plate, and jogged down to first.

    Paps probably flipped his shit because he had thrown at Machado earlier in the week for doing something similar (obviously on a homer, not a routine fly out) and Harper bitched about Paps throwing at him.

    Papelbon wanted a chance to chirp back. Dude is a Grade AA douchebag.
    ok, I was under the impression he just kind of popped out and lollygagged down the line and walked to the dugout when it was caught, no first base tag...none of the videos I watched showed it.

  12. #52

    Default Re: Papelbon to Nats for RHP Nick Pivetta

    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
    Yes, because you should play MLB by the exact same unwritten rules that Ill played by in little league. Otherwise Paps gonna choke yo' fucking ass out in the dugout.
    I don't care about production. I care about grittiness.
    I see the light at the end of the tunnel now
    Someone please tell me it's not a train

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    46,318

    Default Re: Papelbon to Nats for RHP Nick Pivetta

    Quote Originally Posted by ill View Post
    I am pretty sure that (unspoken) rule is carried up to the majors

    Are you sure about that?!?

    I see plenty of dudes not touch first base


  14. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    46,318

    Default Re: Papelbon to Nats for RHP Nick Pivetta

    Quote Originally Posted by ill View Post
    ok, I was under the impression he just kind of popped out and lollygagged down the line and walked to the dugout when it was caught, no first base tag...none of the videos I watched showed it.
    I want to know what that even matters. What does touching first base matter if you're out? What have you proved? That you're a gritty gamer?


  15. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    50,771

    Default Re: Papelbon to Nats for RHP Nick Pivetta

    Quote Originally Posted by ill View Post
    you always touch first base. That's how I was taught.
    He touched first, browe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douche View Post
    Back in my day, men played with wood.

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    64,690

    Default Re: Papelbon to Nats for RHP Nick Pivetta

    Quote Originally Posted by Obligatory MacPhailure View Post
    I don't care about production. I care about grittiness.
    not even just grittiness, just hustle. If the ball is dropped he gets thrown out at first.

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    50,771

    Default Re: Papelbon to Nats for RHP Nick Pivetta

    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
    Are you sure about that?!?

    I see plenty of dudes not touch first base
    Seriously. Pitchers are often the worst offenders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douche View Post
    Back in my day, men played with wood.

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    64,690

    Default Re: Papelbon to Nats for RHP Nick Pivetta

    I guess i am out of touch here

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    46,318

    Default Re: Papelbon to Nats for RHP Nick Pivetta

    Quote Originally Posted by jcarm22 View Post
    Seriously. Pitchers are often the worst offenders.

    I see some pitchers hit ground balls and take like 4 steps out of the box and then take a right (or left) turn right towards the dugout, before the play at first is completed.


  20. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    50,771

    Default Re: Papelbon to Nats for RHP Nick Pivetta

    Quote Originally Posted by ill View Post
    not even just grittiness, just hustle. If the ball is dropped he gets thrown out at first.
    Pfft. No chance. No chance in hell he gets thrown out at first base. Unless he was already in the dugout when the ball was caught.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douche View Post
    Back in my day, men played with wood.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •