Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Papelbon to Nats for RHP Nick Pivetta

Default Re: Papelbon to Nats for RHP Nick Pivetta

From watching the video of it a few times, Papelbon was getting on Harper's case for not running out a shallow fly out to left. Harper responded back, but then just stood there and appeared to be saying "let's go" or something like that. Papelbon (not one to let something like that go) then grabbed him by the neck and shoved him into the dugout wall before others jumped in to break it up. Harper then took himself out of the game, appearing to say "I'm done" to Matt Williams...in a tie game in the 9th...as he walked into the clubhouse. Papelbon went back out to the mound in the 9th and promptly gave up the go-ahead HR to Blanco. Two idiots, one the probable NL MVP, going at it while playing for a division rival is great entertainment. Papelbon is attempting to establish his place on a team that is clearly not his. It'll be interesting to see how the Nats respond. They have to protect their long-term stud in Harper, but they can't make it seem as though not running out a fly ball and then challenging another player in the dugout is acceptable. They've already guaranteed Papelbon's 2016 option, so I can't see them just releasing him.

I like Harper and I think he is maturing into a great player. It's clear that Harper is not a fan of Papelbon based on a game last week where Harper thought Pap's beaning of a player would lead to him (Harper) being beaned in retaliation.

Yes, Harper should have run the ball out. While Papelbon is a nice "veteran presence" I think he can ruffle feathers too easily.

Williams is running this team into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by ill View Post
    I like Harper and I think he is maturing into a great player. It's clear that Harper is not a fan of Papelbon based on a game last week where Harper thought Pap's beaning of a player would lead to him (Harper) being beaned in retaliation.

Yes, Harper should have run the ball out. While Papelbon is a nice "veteran presence" I think he can ruffle feathers too easily.

Williams is running this team into the ground.
    When a reporter asked Williams why Papelbon was sent back out in the 9th after "the incident" his response was "Because he's the closer".

I don't see how Williams keeps his job. The Nats have a load of talent, are barely playing .500 ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
    When a reporter asked Williams why Papelbon was sent back out in the 9th after "the incident" his response was "Because he's the closer".

I don't see how Williams keeps his job. The Nats have a load of talent, are barely playing .500 ball.
    he will be gone after this season, no doubt.

I am still surprised as hell they went and got Papelbon.

Quote Originally Posted by LastTrain View Post
    From watching the video of it a few times, Papelbon was getting on Harper's case for not running out a shallow fly out to left. Harper responded back, but then just stood there and appeared to be saying "let's go" or something like that. Papelbon (not one to let something like that go) then grabbed him by the neck and shoved him into the dugout wall before others jumped in to break it up. Harper then took himself out of the game, appearing to say "I'm done" to Matt Williams...in a tie game in the 9th...as he walked into the clubhouse. Papelbon went back out to the mound in the 9th and promptly gave up the go-ahead HR to Blanco. Two idiots, one the probable NL MVP, going at it while playing for a division rival is great entertainment. Papelbon is attempting to establish his place on a team that is clearly not his. It'll be interesting to see how the Nats respond. They have to protect their long-term stud in Harper, but they can't make it seem as though not running out a fly ball and then challenging another player in the dugout is acceptable. They've already guaranteed Papelbon's 2016 option, so I can't see them just releasing him.
    Papelbon going somewhere else to win and then being part of a meltdown is delicious to me.

As much as I dislike Harper, Papelbon can go fuck himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douche View Post
    Back in my day, men played with wood.

Quote Originally Posted by jcarm22 View Post
    Papelbon going somewhere else to win and then being part of a meltdown is delicious to me.

As much as I dislike Harper, Papelbon can go fuck himself.

Papelbon HAS to be the most disliked guy in baseball, doesn't he??? I mean, by a wide margin. I mean, you can say a lot of things about Bryce Harper, but "he doesn't play the game hard enough" is not one of them.

I like how a guy who plays 1/2 an inning 2-3 times a week is yelling at a guy to run out pop ups.

Papelbon HAS to be the most disliked guy in baseball, doesn't he??? I mean, by a wide margin. I mean, you can say a lot of things about Bryce Harper, but "he doesn't play the game hard enough" is not one of them.

I like how a guy who plays 1/2 an inning 2-3 times a week is yelling at a guy to run out pop ups.
    and Paps gets paid more than anyone else in that clubhouse. Fuck that guy. I hope he goes on the Brian Wilson route soon and falls off the Earth.

Unfortunately he is too good at what he does. He is just abrasive.

Harper has turned around his douche-y ways. He is the leader of that disappointing team. The Nats need to get behind him, not Pap

Nyjer Morgan? Or has that dude matured from 3-4 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by tj11887 View Post
    is he still in baseball?

is he still in baseball?

I don't think so.

Nyjer Morgan was a clown who rubbed other teams the wrong way. Papelbon just seems like a grade-A asshole, straight up.

I don't think so.

Nyjer Morgan was a clown who rubbed other teams the wrong way. Papelbon just seems like a grade-A asshole, straight up.
    looks like Morgan is in Cleveland. Not terrible, not great...just an OFer

Seriously, how can a guy who has never run the bases in his life tell someone else how to run the bases?

looks like Morgan is in Cleveland. Not terrible, not great...just an OFer

Not this year. Last game played was in 2014.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...organy01.shtml

Not this year. Last game played was in 2014.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...organy01.shtml
    didn't even notice the year....but apparently he is still a douchebag.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/0...rade+Rumors%29
    • Outfielder Nyjer Morgan has been released by the Korean Baseball Organization’sHanwha Eagles, Han Lee of Global Sporting Integration reports. Morgan signed a one-year, $700K contract with Hanwha in the offseason and hit .273/.405/.333 over 42 plate appearances, but as Lee reports, Morgan had some personality clashes with the coaching staff. The seven-year MLB veteran appeared in 15 games with the Indians in 2014.

didn't even notice the year....but apparently he is still a douchebag.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/0...rade+Rumors%29

Haha "personality clashes"

In the Shadow of Eastern St. Penitentiary

Quote Originally Posted by tj11887 View Post
    Had forgotten all about Morgan. Did not the Mets also have a rookie phenom hot dog who thought he was the greatest thing ever even before he had proven himself?
    The whole world's glued to the cable TV
    It looks so real on the big LCD
    murder and violence are rated PG, too bad for the children
    they are what they see

Joe Walsh "Analog Man"

For my Brother; May he RIP

Phillie game and series recaps, Temple Football recaps and previews, and Union stuff, as well as misc. tweeting for http://www.pattisonave.com/ @Pattisonavenue

Quote Originally Posted by brett5355 View Post
    Had forgotten all about Morgan. Did not the Mets also have a rookie phenom hot dog who thought he was the greatest thing ever even before he had proven himself?
    Lastings Millege?

hasn't played in the majors since 2011

Quote Originally Posted by brett5355 View Post
    Oh, Listings Milledge, we hardly knew ye.

In the Shadow of Eastern St. Penitentiary

Lastings Millege?

hasn't played in the majors since 2011
    Oh, Listings Milledge, we hardly knew ye.
    Yeah that was the kid I was thinking off. Good riddance to good rubbish, as they say.
    The whole world's glued to the cable TV
    It looks so real on the big LCD
    murder and violence are rated PG, too bad for the children
    they are what they see

Joe Walsh "Analog Man"

For my Brother; May he RIP

Phillie game and series recaps, Temple Football recaps and previews, and Union stuff, as well as misc. tweeting for http://www.pattisonave.com/ @Pattisonavenue

Seriously, how can a guy who has never run the bases in his life tell someone else how to run the bases?
    granted, someone (Williams) should have told Harper to run it out. Should have sat him on the bench after that. I don't think Papelbon should have been the one to do it, especially with the "relationship" he has with Harper already

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast