Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And you guys thought Red McCombs was a scoundrel

Default And you guys thought Red McCombs was a scoundrel

A judge ruled on Monday that the Wilf's committed fraud, breach of contract and fiduciary duty, and had violated New Jersey's civil racketeering law.
    ----------------------------
    Think they will change our nickname from the Vikings to the Racketeers! Na, it would sound too much like the Buccaneers ..
    ..... I'm predicting here and now that as long as Everson Griffen isn't hurt for more than a game or two he will have 15 sacks this year .....

2014 SACK TRACKER S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S (8)

Default Re: And you guys thought Red McCombs was a scoundrel

no, Red was a cheapskate.

I'll take Wilf and 10 more of those violations over McCombs. Any day.

scoundrel? Do we live in the 1920s?

Quote Originally Posted by ill View Post
    scoundrel? Do we live in the 1920s?
    "Come out with yer hands up, ya dirty rat!"

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
    "Come out with yer hands up, ya dirty rat!"
    Keep the change, you filthy animal!

21 year old case. Nothing to see here.

I always pegged him as more of a rapscallion, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by jcarm22 View Post
    I always pegged him as more of a rapscallion, myself.
    I figured he was a ne'er do well.

The NFL should fine him or force him to sell his shares for his nefarious ways. Fraud is something owners should not be allowed to have on record.

Quote Originally Posted by KinjaKahn View Post
    The NFL should fine him or force him to sell his shares for his nefarious ways. Fraud is something owners should not be allowed to have on record.
    if this was a criminal case, you might have some validity. But being that this was a civil suit and not a criminal case tried in court, you don't have a leg to stand on

Quote Originally Posted by Josey...Wales View Post
    if this was a criminal case, you might have some validity. But being that this was a civil suit and not a criminal case tried in court, you don't have a leg to stand on
    I think he just wanted an excuse to say "nefarious ways."

Quote Originally Posted by supavike View Post
    I think he just wanted an excuse to say "nefarious ways."

what. a. rascal.

this...

~
    Skol Vikings..

Marge Schott didnt break laws either.

how bout you? ever broke a law..

~
    Skol Vikings..

Well, the thought of a new stadium was fun while it lasted ..

-------------------
    Minnesota governor wants one final review of stadium deal after fraud verdict

Posted by Mike Florio on August 8, 2013, 10:58 AM EDT
    AP
    The NFL doesn’t plan to take action in the wake of the civil fraud verdict against Vikings owners Zygi and Mark Wilf. But Minnesota governor Mark Dayton apparently will.
    According to KSTP-TV, Dayton is “deeply concerned” about a New Jersey judge’s findings of fraud committed by the Wilfs in a business transaction. The 21-year-old lawsuit arose from allegedly inaccurate financial accounting in connection with a partnership that built and maintained an apartment complex in New Jersey.
    In the wake of the ruling, Dayton has urged a final review of the Vikings stadium deal to ensure that there was no fraud or other inappropriate business dealings.
    “I would urge the [Stadium Authority] to have its legal counsel assure them and the people of Minnesota that all the representations made by the team and its owners are truthful and accurate,” Dayton said.
    The final paperwork regarding the stadium construction has still not been signed.
    The Vikings continue to characterize the situation as a “private business matter,” but it could become a very public business crisis in Minnesota, if a final review is conducted, and if anything improper is discovered.
    Dayton said he wasn’t aware of the New Jersey litigation when the stadium deal was reached with the Vikings.
    While we’ve got no issue with folks in Minnesota ensuring that they weren’t the victims of fraud or any other corporate chicanery, it would be unwise to use the verdict as cover to undo or sweeten a deal about which Dayton or others in government may now have remorse. Amid news that airport-based electronic gambling that was expected to raise $3 million in 2013 has resulted in $33,586 through six months, there’s a chance that the politicians made bad assumptions about the public funding mechanisms.
    If so, that’s not something that can fairly be blamed on the Wilfs.That reality may not stop Dayton or other politicians from trying.
    ..... I'm predicting here and now that as long as Everson Griffen isn't hurt for more than a game or two he will have 15 sacks this year .....

2014 SACK TRACKER S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S (8)

Quote Originally Posted by =SA= View Post
    Well, the thought of a new stadium was fun while it lasted ..

-------------------
    Minnesota governor wants one final review of stadium deal after fraud verdict

Posted by Mike Florio on August 8, 2013, 10:58 AM EDT
    AP
    The NFL doesn’t plan to take action in the wake of the civil fraud verdict against Vikings owners Zygi and Mark Wilf. But Minnesota governor Mark Dayton apparently will.
    According to KSTP-TV, Dayton is “deeply concerned” about a New Jersey judge’s findings of fraud committed by the Wilfs in a business transaction. The 21-year-old lawsuit arose from allegedly inaccurate financial accounting in connection with a partnership that built and maintained an apartment complex in New Jersey.
    In the wake of the ruling, Dayton has urged a final review of the Vikings stadium deal to ensure that there was no fraud or other inappropriate business dealings.
    “I would urge the [Stadium Authority] to have its legal counsel assure them and the people of Minnesota that all the representations made by the team and its owners are truthful and accurate,” Dayton said.
    The final paperwork regarding the stadium construction has still not been signed.
    The Vikings continue to characterize the situation as a “private business matter,” but it could become a very public business crisis in Minnesota, if a final review is conducted, and if anything improper is discovered.
    Dayton said he wasn’t aware of the New Jersey litigation when the stadium deal was reached with the Vikings.
    While we’ve got no issue with folks in Minnesota ensuring that they weren’t the victims of fraud or any other corporate chicanery, it would be unwise to use the verdict as cover to undo or sweeten a deal about which Dayton or others in government may now have remorse. Amid news that airport-based electronic gambling that was expected to raise $3 million in 2013 has resulted in $33,586 through six months, there’s a chance that the politicians made bad assumptions about the public funding mechanisms.
    If so, that’s not something that can fairly be blamed on the Wilfs.That reality may not stop Dayton or other politicians from trying.
    He's just covering his ass to try to make the anti-stadium folks like him better. He wanted this stadium as much as anyone. No way he's pulling the plug.

Quote Originally Posted by fahvra View Post
    if they are asleep I dont think it matters what age they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    He's pretty popular down there.

Quote Originally Posted by fahvra View Post
    When I worked construction I could put 2 feet away with ease over lunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by MTVike View Post
    It used to freak me out, but I couldn't help myself from touching it.

Marge Schott was a supporter of Hitler and the Nazi party who murdered millions of innocent men, women and children. The racist statements she made were the LEAST deplorable thing she did, and you want to compare THAT to a he said, she said civil case that took 21 years to resolve?

Utterly idiotic comparison!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast