Thread: Longines

Default Longines

I am actually looking for a new watch and thinking about a Longines. The problem only is that my girlfriend does not want that I wear such a watch.

I actually love watches and also have two more, a Panerai and a Patek Philippe and want to expand my collection. My goal is actually to have a watch for every day of the week! So I have to buy a few more .

Some people have it with cars and some with other things. I have just a watch fettish
    Last edited by Joran; 01-14-2013 at 02:15 AM.

The concrete jungle where dreams are made of

Default Re: Longines

smells fishy. Patek and Panerai yet wants a longines
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Dungy
    No explanations, no excuses, do what we do
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobesgame
    I like dickbag a lot

I finally got a battery replaced in one of my watches and got a new one from my parents for Christmas, but neither of them are anything special, just simple leather bands. My next purchase is going to be grabbing a watch case off Amazon...then I might buy another everyday, stainless watch...with movement. Looking in the $300 range.

wearing a watch bugs the shit out of me now. with everyone and their mother carrying cellphones watches are useless, nothing more than a piece of jewelry for a dude.

if you're a suit, I can see wearing one, because it works with a suit, but otherwise it just sticks out.

Quote Originally Posted by fahvra View Post
    wearing a watch bugs the shit out of me now. with everyone and their mother carrying cellphones watches are useless, nothing more than a piece of jewelry for a dude.

if you're a suit, I can see wearing one, because it works with a suit, but otherwise it just sticks out.
    I haven't worn a watch in over 20 years.

I remember that it used to be a sign of growing up.

Not any more.

We've bought the kids plenty of watches, even ones they wanted.

They just sit in drawers now.

I'm just wondering what he's here to try and sell. I thought it would be watches.

I know we have had this argument a number of times. I like wearing one and feel funny without one on my wrist. Checking the time on your phone is just not sly enough sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by ill View Post
    I know we have had this argument a number of times. I like wearing one and feel funny without one on my wrist. Checking the time on your phone is just not sly enough sometimes.
    I think so, its between you and puke. He wears a suit everyday and I can see wearing one then, but you? Not so much.

Actually, I think I found why you don't get laid. Its the fucking watch. Go without it for a month and see if the luck changes. Thank me later.

I think so, its between you and puke. He wears a suit everyday and I can see wearing one then, but you? Not so much.

Actually, I think I found why you don't get laid. Its the fucking watch. Go without it for a month and see if the luck changes. Thank me later.
    his watches are probably 4x the price of the one I wear on a day to day basis.

what is a watch?

Maybe not the watch itself, but maybe the compulsion to always be checking the time bugs girls who want your attention.

Quote Originally Posted by rogstew2 View Post
    Maybe not the watch itself, but maybe the compulsion to always be checking the time bugs girls who want your attention.
    looking at your phone is much more noticeable though.

but that isn't why I wear a watch

Quote Originally Posted by ill View Post
    looking at your phone is much more noticeable though.

but that isn't why I wear a watch
    Everybody checks their phones for messages.

I wouldn't if I was working on a hottie, but I don't think it would be a deal breaker.

I would hang on her every word as if it was the most important funny insightful story in the world.

I think the exception on the watch would be a Rolex, which most people identify with wealth, or even having a good job. [yeah i know there are other expensive watches, but most people just know Rolex]

I keep my phone in my pocket when talking to a girl I am really interested in.

But I like wearing a watch. Watches are just cool. The movements of the cogs, the style...I just like them.

The concrete jungle where dreams are made of

i like watches been wearing them since i was a kid. I wear one every day, have a nice tidy collection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Dungy
    No explanations, no excuses, do what we do
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobesgame
    I like dickbag a lot

here's my daily watch. Sure it's only $75.00 Fossil but hey i like it

my watch = ipod nano

The Official Sports-Boards Bracket Buster
    Xbox Gamertag: GameMisconduct1