Thread: Greinke trade question

Default Greinke trade question

Would you do a Profar for Greinke trade straight up? Even though Profar is only 17.
    I am without a doubt the BEST poster in this forum. Which makes me better than each and every one of you.

Default Re: Greinke trade question

No. He's still just a prospect, in exchange for a Cy Young caliber, MLB-level proven pitcher.

You'd need a nearly ready pitching prospect back in that deal as well, at the very least.
    RIP Baby Duck...We Never Knew You, and I am so sorry.

Noses are the unsung hero of the face, ties the whole thing together. Name one good looking person without a nose...can't do it.

Couple things.

Profar is 19, for one thing.

He's tearing up AA at age 19, which is just about unheard of. If they could get Profar and another prospect type (pitching or not) for Greinke, I'd do it.

The Crew is STACKED with young pitching in the minors. I wouldn't be concerned about getting specifically pitching back, as long as they get Profar +

I wouldn't mind taking Olt instead of Profar but the pot would have to be sweetened for sure.
    I am without a doubt the BEST poster in this forum. Which makes me better than each and every one of you.

I'm glad someone brought this discussion up because I was prepared to start a thread.

A lot of people don't think Profar is available and that dumbass Keith Law wouldn't even trade Olt for him either. I prefer the Tigers or Rangers as suitors. Bottom line, if you trade a Cy Young pitcher, you need to get young pitching in return. I don't think we're 'stacked' in the minors but we're far better off than we were a couple of years ago.
    Aaron Rodgers

I see so many silver-spoon guys, and I don't think the mental toughness is always there. I've dealt with adversity. I've dealt with disappointment. I've dealt with not being picked and not being one of the guys. When I see adversity now, I look forward to it. When I see opportunity, I make the most of it.