Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bucks Draft

Default Bucks Draft

I know the people of Wisconsin can't wait for the big draft day. Do the Bucks go big in the draft or do they get a free agent big man and go small. Personally I would like them to go small.

I love Tyler Zellers comments on the Bucks.

"It was good," Zeller said of his interview with the Bucks. "It was conversational. I just sat down and talked to them about a lot of different things.

"I've watched them (the Bucks) play and they're a fine group to be around. I really enjoyed it."
    I'm going to go ahead and say that referring to the Bucks as a "fine group to be around" was probably the whitest thing said in Chicago. Be you, Tyler.

Frank Madden of Brewhoop wrote that. Sorta thought it was funny.
    I am without a doubt the BEST poster in this forum. Which makes me better than each and every one of you.

Default Re: Bucks Draft

I'm the other way...I think they have plenty on the small side, with Jennings, Ellis, Beno, and Livingston in the backcourt, and Dunleavy, LRMAM, and Harris at small forward.

Right now on the big side they have young projects in Sanders and Udoh, Gooden, and bench guys in Luer and Brockman.

If they trade up like I heard rumors they were trying to do before I lost a day, I be happy with Robinson, Barnes, or Drummond-There's not much chance they have the firepower to get into the top three.

At ten I'd shoot for the moon with PJ3(which would actually cover both the front AND backcourt) if possible, or Meyers Leonard, who I think could be a more athletic, better scoring version of Joel Prybilla on the low end. Bogut in the best case scenario.

Although I need to catch up..I see the Wizards managed to pawn Rashard Lewis off on New Orleans in exchange for Okafor and Ariza. Based on that alone the Wizards may be in line for the biggest jump in winning percentage this season, as they carve out more of the cancer and replace them with passable character guys.
    RIP Baby Duck...We Never Knew You, and I am so sorry.

Noses are the unsung hero of the face, ties the whole thing together. Name one good looking person without a nose...can't do it.

What is this trade up rumor you are throwing out there?
    I am without a doubt the BEST poster in this forum. Which makes me better than each and every one of you.

The bucks need a big man, a true center, a shot blocker.
    Beer Water, quench your sober!

Quote Originally Posted by jon12272 View Post
    The bucks need a big man, a true center, a shot blocker.

And I promise you if they draft Zeller or Leonard I will no longer be a real Bucks fan. I will become the ultimate fair weather fan and only go to the Bradley Center for Golden Eagle games.

Quote Originally Posted by Lem View Post
    What is this trade up rumor you are throwing out there?
    Nothing real concrete. Just that the Bucks are trying to move up.

I'm not sure what they have to offer...Best trade piece is Jennings, and unless they feel confidant that Livingston can stay healthy, they'd be down a distributor without someone in the draft to replace him.

I suppose they could trade Ellis and try and get Beal or Lamb, but that might be like running in place...and I don't think Cho will trade the #2 for Ellis. Jordan might, though.

Noses are the unsung hero of the face, ties the whole thing together. Name one good looking person without a nose...can't do it.

And I promise you if they draft Zeller or Leonard I will no longer be a real Bucks fan. I will become the ultimate fair weather fan and only go to the Bradley Center for Golden Eagle games.
    I'm with you on Zeller, but Leonard is a completely different story. He's actually got starting potential, and he fits well in a running offense.

Zeller fits in an offense like that as well, but he's never going to be starting caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by MadNova View Post
    Nothing real concrete. Just that the Bucks are trying to move up.

I'm not sure what they have to offer...Best trade piece is Jennings, and unless they feel confidant that Livingston can stay healthy, they'd be down a distributor without someone in the draft to replace him.

I suppose they could trade Ellis and try and get Beal or Lamb, but that might be like running in place...and I don't think Cho will trade the #2 for Ellis. Jordan might, though.

Interesting to say the least.

What free agent big men are there out in free agency that are really worth anything? Draft a big man, and maybe bring in a role player big man.
    In between the lines there's a lot of obscurity, I'm not inclined to resign to maturity.

Quote Originally Posted by MadNova View Post
    I'm with you on Zeller, but Leonard is a completely different story. He's actually got starting potential, and he fits well in a running offense.

Zeller fits in an offense like that as well, but he's never going to be starting caliber.
    Just not a fan of eigther. Zeller had a nice college career and Leonard I believe blew his stock up after the Chicago camp. I'm always leery of guys who's stock climbs to potential top 10 status on pre draft tourneys.

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    What free agent big men are there out in free agency that are really worth anything? Draft a big man, and maybe bring in a role player big man.
    We have Gooden and Udoh, I think together they are decently solid. I would hate to reach on a big man thats the next Ed Nealy.

Just not a fan of eigther. Zeller had a nice college career and Leonard I believe blew his stock up after the Chicago camp. I'm always leery of guys who's stock climbs to potential top 10 status on pre draft tourneys.
    A lot of people have been high on Leonard for a while now.
    In between the lines there's a lot of obscurity, I'm not inclined to resign to maturity.

A lot of people have been high on Leonard for a while now.
    Yeah, since the chicago camp.

Yeah, since the chicago camp.
    False. The Bucks pick 12th anyway. I've seen Leonard all over the board for a while now. Some going into the top 10 but most hanging around in the teens.

False. The Bucks pick 12th anyway. I've seen Leonard all over the board for a while now. Some going into the top 10 but most hanging around in the teens.

Show me a top 12 before june 10th.

Show me a top 12 before june 10th.
    http://www.sportsdeckblog.com/nba-mock-draft/

http://mockdraftonline.com/nba-mock-.../nba_anderson/

https://sites.google.com/site/courtvisionaries/

Most mocks seem to have him in the mid to low teens. What's the big deal if he jumps 3 spots to 12th. That's really not a big jump.

Please no Sullinger.

He should've been higher anyway. His stock was lower because he was young, white, and came off as aloof. He "climbed" after the combine due to testing better athletically than previously thought, and not bombing his interviews.

We have Gooden and Udoh, I think together they are decently solid. I would hate to reach on a big man thats the next Ed Nealy.
    Gamble on greatness in the NBA draft. Because it's a bigger crap shoot than the NFL draft.

Take the big guy because even if he sucks, he's still tall.

More decently solid than Jennings and Ellis?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast