Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A look to 2011..NFCN

Default A look to 2011..NFCN

I tried to find my predictions from last year, but I couldn't. I found my 2009 prediction which was spot on. I picked MN to be better than GB. Ima of course scoffed and said we were all idiots and no way we'd get one of the top two seeds and Straw scoffed at me picking chicago 3rd. I'm pretty sure for 2010 I picked GB, MN, Det, Chi. I thought MN's window closed in 09 but still thought we'd be in contention for playoffs....

Here is how I see 2011.

Green Bay 11-5/13-3-I think GB is primed to be SB contendors for next 2-3 years. While they suffered a lot of injuries last year and survived, I dont think they can surive an injury to Rodgers or Matthews. Healthy finley will make their dangerous offense that much tougher and if their offense takes a rare day off their defense is pretty good. I look for the Defense to take a step back this year, but still be pretty good. They're not unbeatable and Mn should've beaten them 1st match up, but I'm hoping for a split.

Detroit 8-8/10-6-Health of Stafford will be the key. I think their defense takes it up a level and their front 4 should be able to take charge of some games.They have Calvin Johnson who I feel is toughest cover in the NFCN. I know, I know, Packers have Finley who's the best weapon the NFL has ever seen according to Madnova, but I think Johnson is bigger threat and if stafford can stay healthy. They have adequate LB's this year, something they didn't last year and their secondary should be better.

Chicago 7-9/10-6-Once again I have them behind detroit. I dont like their OL/DB's/WR's and their QB. I didn't like them last year and they still went to the NFCCG. I think had Chicago had decent OL and legit WR last year, they could've beat GB. But they didn't. I see them regressing this year and their offseason..well. And I'm not a believer in Martz. If Cutler can repeat and improve from last year, their OL toughen up, and defense play as well, I'll look dumb for picking them 3rd.

Minnesota 5-11/10-6-I didn't think MN would fall off the map last year, but we did. For a variety of reasons, underacheived, health, bad schedule, only 6 home games, team didn't trust head coach, poor decisions and most importantly, just not that good of a team...and this year we're starting all new system, new qb, and no offseason. I think of all NFCN teams, lockout hurt vikes most. I like the direction we're going with Ponder and letting him sit. Mcnabb is viewed as stop gap with long term plan. I'm less than thrilled with our secondary, wide recievers, offensive line, and depth. If they can put everything together and everthing goes their way, few lucky bounces, etc they could pull a rabbit out of the hat and get 10-6, I see 7-9 more likely and hopefully by 2012 playoff contendors and 2013 we can get right back to being division contendors...yes, two year rebuild. I think it's possible.
    Last edited by PnkPanther; 08-01-2011 at 08:15 AM.

Default Re: A look to 2011..NFCN

you guys have it rough, have to figure out how to stop jordy nelson not once but twice. good luck with that.

Brilliant..

Quote Originally Posted by asheylarry View Post
    you guys have it rough, have to figure out how to stop jordy nelson not once but twice. good luck with that.

Don't attribute that to all Packer fans. He's a nice 3rd down guy over the middle, and not anything more than that. He's certainly not unstoppable, and I hope someone didn't insinuate that.

Seems fair to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
    Don't attribute that to all Packer fans. He's a nice 3rd down guy over the middle, and not anything more than that. He's certainly not unstoppable, and I hope someone didn't insinuate that.
    just one. every fan base has their phila.

pnk, you kind of waffled on your vikes prediction. Anything from 5 to 10 wins? I suspect 80% of the NFL falls in that range. Stick your neck out a little bit and make a prediction!

Id bet the only think Jordy Nelson is better at than his WR Teammates is securing a loan..

Thats about it.

pnk, you kind of waffled on your vikes prediction. Anything from 5 to 10 wins? I suspect 80% of the NFL falls in that range. Stick your neck out a little bit and make a prediction!
    Hence my brilliant comment. Plus, picking the Bears to "regress" has become to new sexy preseason prediction over "This is Detroit's year to win 10 games.."

Quote Originally Posted by DRULZ View Post
    Brilliant..
    I thought it was pretty bold.

or just stating the obvious.....GB on top with the other 3 fighting to figure it out.

I predict 7-9 season. I put 10 win category if everything goes their way, Mcnabb having a bounce back year, health, and few lucky bounces.

I have to put in SOME hope for the home team.

Hence my brilliant comment. Plus, picking the Bears to "regress" has become to new sexy preseason prediction over "This is Detroit's year to win 10 games.."
    So you think they'll repeat as division champs? I have them and detroit the most likely two fighting for 2nd and I'm buying into Detroit. Which is probably foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by PnkPanther View Post
    I predict 7-9 season. I put 10 win category if everything goes their way, Mcnabb having a bounce back year, health, and few lucky bounces.

Well that's just it. Saying 'they COULD win 10 games if everyting goes their way' applies to every single team except maybe the Bengals and Panthers.

I think he went so far as to *gasp* suggest that Nelson would win most match ups against a dime back or safety.
    RIP Baby Duck...We Never Knew You, and I am so sorry.

Noses are the unsung hero of the face, ties the whole thing together. Name one good looking person without a nose...can't do it.

Well that's just it. Saying 'they COULD win 10 games if everyting goes their way' applies to every single team except maybe the Bengals and Panthers.
    I realize that. Also realize as a fan I like to put a optimistic view in for my team ontop of the blah 7-9 prediction.

Detroit wins at least 10 games with Charles Johnson leading the charge...
    I'm back baby.

I have to put in SOME hope for the home team.

McNabb will give you the bounces. I'm not sure if they would be considered lucky, though.

Noses are the unsung hero of the face, ties the whole thing together. Name one good looking person without a nose...can't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Enyalois View Post
    Detroit wins at least 10 games with Charles Johnson leading the charge...
    eer calvin johnson.

eer calvin johnson.
    Maybe he meant the Panthers.

Quote Originally Posted by MadNova View Post
    Maybe he meant the Panthers.
    No, I typed Charles in my first write up. It's Monday.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast