Thread: Holliday's Tattoo

Question Holliday's Tattoo

Does anyone know what the "sentence" tattoo down the side of Matt Holliday's arm says?

"It's such a beautiful sport, with no politics involved, no color, no class. Only as a youngster can you play and as a pro can you win. The game has kept me young, involved and excited and for me to be up here with gems of baseball." ~Jack Buck

Default Re: Holliday's Tattoo

Apparently it's Job 38:4 -- "Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding." Or something like that.

"How good was Stan Musial? He was good enough to take your breath away." -Vin Scully.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Savoy View Post
    Apparently it's Job 38:4 -- "Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding."
    The Earth doesn't have foundations. Turns out it isn't even flat.
    Would it be okay with you if we wrote a reminder of things we'd forget to do today otherwise, using a green magic marker (if it's alright), on the back of your head?

Interesting, thanks. I guess it's a good thing he didn't pick a soliloquy (if they even have those in the Bible) or he'd have it doing loops around his arm.

"It's such a beautiful sport, with no politics involved, no color, no class. Only as a youngster can you play and as a pro can you win. The game has kept me young, involved and excited and for me to be up here with gems of baseball." ~Jack Buck