Page 1 of 100 123451151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 1981

Thread: Game of Thrones

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    No Sleep 'til Hammersmith
    Posts
    22,054

    Default Game of Thrones

    "Winter is Coming"

    Premieres tomorrow night on HBO (their latest BIG series event) is based on George R.R. Martin's A Song of Fire and Ice book series.

    Thought I would start a thread about it.
    Your bones will build my palaces,
    your eyes will stud my crown...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Eastbound & Down
    Posts
    64,910

    Default Re: Game of Thrones

    It looks like it has potential.
    RIP Baby Duck...We Never Knew You, and I am so sorry.

    Noses are the unsung hero of the face, ties the whole thing together. Name one good looking person without a nose...can't do it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Somewhere north of Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,678

    Default Re: Game of Thrones

    Yeah, I re-added HBO to my lineup to check this out, cancelled HBO after they cancelled Deadwood...
    ____________
    Shenanigans!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Game of Thrones

    DirecTV is giving a free preview of HBO & Cinemax this weekend...I think it is revolving around this show's coming out.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Game of Thrones

    been looking forward to this one.....like said above, seems to have potential

  6. #6

    Default Re: Game of Thrones

    The books are very good (other than the fact he has taken 6 years off between books 4 and 5.) From what I have seen and heard the series is staying true to the books which should make for some great TV... I wish I had HBO now... hopefully I will be able to stream it from Amazon.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    No Sleep 'til Hammersmith
    Posts
    22,054

    Default Re: Game of Thrones

    In case some out there are wondering what it is this thread is about.

    Your bones will build my palaces,
    your eyes will stud my crown...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    64,690

    Default Re: Game of Thrones

    I'm reading the first book now and am a little worried about watching the show now. I am looking forward to it though. It should be damn good because so far the book is awesome.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    No Sleep 'til Hammersmith
    Posts
    22,054

    Default Re: Game of Thrones

    Quote Originally Posted by ill View Post
    I'm reading the first book now and am a little worried about watching the show now. I am looking forward to it though. It should be damn good because so far the book is awesome.
    I believe I read somewhere that tomorrow night's episode only covers the firest 70 pages or so of the first book.
    Your bones will build my palaces,
    your eyes will stud my crown...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    64,690

    Default Re: Game of Thrones

    Quote Originally Posted by rotary View Post
    I believe I read somewhere that tomorrow night's episode only covers the firest 70 pages or so of the first book.
    I'm about halfway through, but it has been great so far. I think I can stay ahead of the curve. From what I have seen in the previews, it plays out very close to what is going on in my head.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    64,690

    Default Re: Game of Thrones

    Kinda weird watching this last night as I knew exactly what was going to happen as it was happening. Not sure I like that too much. I plan on watching the series and i will be done the book by this week, planning on going onto the next one pretty much right after. Really a damn good read.

    The show followed the book to a T. The do a good job of detail and it is pretty close to how I imagined it in my head.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    City of Palms
    Posts
    6,075

    Default Re: Game of Thrones

    Getting HBO again on Friday. Anybody else watch this last night? Is it worth watching.
    "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

    Edmund Burke

  13. #13

    Default Re: Game of Thrones

    Was pretty good outside of the obnoxious shark-jumping soft porn every 30 seconds.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    64,690

    Default Re: Game of Thrones

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiddy78 View Post
    Was pretty good outside of the obnoxious shark-jumping soft porn every 30 seconds.
    like I said, it followed the book to a T. There is a lot of whoring, but not much sex between the main characters outside of the khal and Daneris. I am looking forward to seeing the progression of her character.

    They do make the queen come off as a little too likable though.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    City of Palms
    Posts
    6,075

    Default Re: Game of Thrones

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiddy78 View Post
    Was pretty good outside of the obnoxious shark-jumping soft porn every 30 seconds.
    "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

    Edmund Burke

  16. #16

    Default Re: Game of Thrones

    Quote Originally Posted by ill View Post
    like I said, it followed the book to a T. There is a lot of whoring, but not much sex between the main characters outside of the khal and Daneris. I am looking forward to seeing the progression of her character.

    They do make the queen come off as a little too likable though.
    Haven't seen it yet since I don't get HBO but they manage to make Cersei likable?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    64,690

    Default Re: Game of Thrones

    Quote Originally Posted by orangeirwin View Post
    Haven't seen it yet since I don't get HBO but they manage to make Cersei likable?
    she comes off as a little soft. They have her and Catelyn having a conversation at the meal at Winterhall that sounded civil. She even talks to Sansa, telling her she is beautiful and a all that, which I felt was out of character.

    Jaime does come off as a douche though, but I don't remember him feuding with Ned as much as he does in the show.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Game of Thrones

    My only real questions/confusion was what the hell was that thing at the beginning? Is this fantasy medieval or realistic medieval? I presume dragon eggs meant the former.

    And how hard is that kid's wolf gonna f*ck sh*t up?

    That is gon' be one pissed off wolf.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Game of Thrones

    The obnoxiously blonde hair is also creeping me out....If yer gonna have people that look like elves...Just make them a f*cking elf.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Game of Thrones

    Quote Originally Posted by ill View Post
    she comes off as a little soft. They have her and Catelyn having a conversation at the meal at Winterhall that sounded civil. She even talks to Sansa, telling her she is beautiful and a all that, which I felt was out of character.

    Jaime does come off as a douche though, but I don't remember him feuding with Ned as much as he does in the show.
    Martin is a master of character development. I just started a reread to get ready for the release of the new book and seeing the characters in their initial stage of development compared to where they are after 4 books reminds be just how good he is.

Page 1 of 100 123451151 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •