Thread: Penn State Bradley- leading candidate for Pitt HC

Pirates Penn State Bradley- leading candidate for Pitt HC

Multiple sources have confirmed that two candidates have interviewed for the vacant Pitt football head-coaching job since Monday -- Penn State defensive coordinator Tom Bradley and Alabama assistant head coach Sal Sunseri, and that Bradley has emerged as a leading candidate to get the job.

Both men were interviewed on campus by a small group of senior athletic administration officials led by athletic director Steve Pederson, who, contrary to numerous Internet reports and rumors, is still the point man leading the search.

Pederson and company met with Sunseri Monday and had two meetings with Bradley, including a formal interview Tuesday night.

Bradley is expected to interview later this week for the head-coaching position at Connecticut after Randy Edsall left to take the Maryland job over the past weekend.

Bradley is considered "the leading candidate" by a source with knowledge of the situation, but, as of last night, had not been offered the job, and multiple sources around him say he had not talked with Pitt in an official capacity Wednesday.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11006...#ixzz1AI51sEh0

Default Re: Penn State Bradley- leading candidate for Pitt HC

Todd Graham from Tulsa is apparently going to be the man they select as their next HC. Either way, their football program took a huge 180 from where they had been going. They had one of the better recruiting classes in the country, but lost a lot of commitments once the Stache was let go.

Bradley would be an interesting selection, but I think that Sunseri was only interviewed because his son is the QB. They wouldn't hire him as head coach in my opinion.

Nice. He was my high school football coach. Man has he been skyrocketing up the coaching ranks over the last 10 years

Sunseri was brought in to appease the boosters like Fralic who have been saying they're defecting if Pedersen was kept on board. Who knows if they actually will go in the end, but it was certainly a nice attempt at placating them.

Certainly hurts to lose Hyno, Baldwin, and Dion. But it will help Graham to build the program from the ground up. He seems like a good guy, and we're paying him more than Jamie Dixon, which I find totally absurd. Hopefully he's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by HamelsToe View Post
    Sunseri was brought in to appease the boosters like Fralic who have been saying they're defecting if Pedersen was kept on board. Who knows if they actually will go in the end, but it was certainly a nice attempt at placating them.

Certainly hurts to lose Hyno, Baldwin, and Dion. But it will help Graham to build the program from the ground up. He seems like a good guy, and we're paying him more than Jamie Dixon, which I find totally absurd. Hopefully he's worth it.
    Wow hes making THAT much now? Crazy to think that in high school I was riding on football buses with this guy.

He's a rich rod understudy and has already got 2 of his coaches heading to pitt