Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stafford vs. Sanchez Now

Default Stafford vs. Sanchez Now

I was just looking back through the old Stafford vs. Sanchez posts (didn't bring them up here...too damn long) but it is pretty funny how much we said about this almost a year ago.

Given how Stafford and Sanchez are playing now I would definitely say we made the right choice, but who knows...two months from now I could be proved wrong. (No, I don't think we will have a better record than the Jets, but I do think that Stafford has looked leagues better than Sanchez this entire preseason.)

Default Re: Stafford vs. Sanchez Now

I have always thought Sanchez blows and wanted Stafford over all the other QBs that people wanted then, or even wanted to WAIT for to get this year (Bradford and McCoy).

We made the right move. I am convinced of it. To think people wanted to actually draft a LB #1 overall last year that ended up having a year about as good as Levy who only started 10 games....lol
    Twitter: DickDickstein
    ...Because fuck you is why.

Stafford looks like the real deal. I'm ready for my crow

Stafford looks good so far. Sanchez, well, no so much.
    Aaron Rodgers

I see so many silver-spoon guys, and I don't think the mental toughness is always there. I've dealt with adversity. I've dealt with disappointment. I've dealt with not being picked and not being one of the guys. When I see adversity now, I look forward to it. When I see opportunity, I make the most of it.

Stafford looks reallllllllly comfortable and accurate and good this year.

Everyone knows my man love for Stafford and where I stood with him. I don't need to say anything more
    New era begins with Stafford!!!

The Jets are a much better team then the Lions with a lot more talent and should win there division where may end up in the cellar again in the central.
    If you just look at the QB position I thing Stafford has made a real leap in improvement going into year two with a much better grasp of the QB position in the NFL. Where as Sanchez appears to just be taking advantage of the better talent surrounding him. At the end of this season, I think Stafford will a far better QB overall then Sanchez. Both of them right now do some things really well but feel Stafford has a better grasp of the position and will made great strides this year. I am ready and you can serve my crow now. At draft time last year I did not think this would be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Shagg68 View Post
    Everyone knows my man love for Stafford and where I stood with him. I don't need to say anything more
    Yep, and your man love for JaMarcus Russell and Derek Anderson too.

Stafford has looked good this preseason, but let's not get too caught up in what he's doing against vanilla defenses.

When he's performing in the 4th quarter on the road vs a division rival, I'll take notice. I want him to succeed just like everyone else, but I'm not ready to annoint him into the Hall of Fame just yet either.

Quote Originally Posted by 1957 & Waiting View Post
    Stafford looks like the real deal. I'm ready for my crow
    I will admit, I didn't want a QB last year. Simply because I thought we needed to build up this team in other ways before we got one.

A year later I am glad that we went out and got Stafford. In a year he has become the key piece to this team, and (if what he has done in the preseason continues into the regular season) improved much more than I thought he would in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by sportznut View Post
    wow
    New era begins with Stafford!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sportznut View Post
    Not as bad as GodofMike man love for Chris Leak

haha.

Let's hope Shagg is right on this one.

I was not in favor of a QB, but if we were going to take one, I was 100% in favor of Stafford over Sanchez. I always thought "Sanchize" was wildly overrated going into the draft and once he went to the Jets, he was destined to be overrated for his entire career. You look at any national media coverage, and you'd be convinced Sanchez went #1 overall, not Stafford.

Fact is, Sanchez sucks. The Jets will do well if their D and running holds up, not if he has to carry the load. I know it's early, but I believe that Stafford has the ability to carry a team if need be, and if the Lions could ever get to even average on defense, we'd surprise a lot of people. I don't think that's happening this year, but I think the days of even putting these guys in the same sentence could be over by the time 2011 rolls around.

Even for fantasy purposes, Stafford gets no love. He's ranked about ten spots after Sanchez in Matthew Berry's top 200, which is ridiculous. The Jets don't pass, the Lions are likely to be trailing a lot, so even if you just look at raw fantasy stats, our MS should crush the other MS.

As a real football player, I have to say I'm amazed by how much he seems to have advanced in one year. Yes, it's vanilla defenses, but he's throwing the ball away or in the ground when nothing's there. That's maturity.

Raised in Conant Gardens AKA "Slum Village".

Talking Re: Stafford vs. Sanchez Now

Oh snap!
    You see, I come from a highly-educated university, so when I come and post on this message board, I gotta dumb myself down.

Cowtown, Where the cows out number the people

I still question his accuracy.

I will happily say I was wrong on this one

Quote Originally Posted by Cyric View Post
    Fact is, Sanchez sucks. The Jets will do well if their D and running holds up, not if he has to carry the load. I know it's early, but I believe that Stafford has the ability to carry a team if need be, and if the Lions could ever get to even average on defense, we'd surprise a lot of people. I don't think that's happening this year, but I think the days of even putting these guys in the same sentence could be over by the time 2011 rolls around.
    Exactly. I think Sanchez's ceiling is a solid game-manager who can win if he has pieces around him (think a more talented Delhomme). Stafford, on the other hand, has a chance to be a special QB in the Favre/Elway mold. (I'm not saying he will, but that's his ceiling.)
    “Some people watch adult videos on their computer, I go to YouTube and watch Jahvid Best highlight clips. That’s what gets me aroused.” - Jim Schwartz

sure hope Stafford leads the Lions to good things......

keep him upright!!!
    who farted?

Quote Originally Posted by Becherr View Post
    I still question his accuracy.
    As you should. I see all the tools to be a good QB, but tools don't always translate, and potential isn't always met.

If you don't have that accuracy in the NFL, its going to be tough to hit Calvin down the sidelines with less than a foot to spare, or one of your TEs over the middle as he's covered like a blanket.

Bottom line is not every guy is going to be wide open. In fact, most of the time they won't be.

Its one thing to have that cannon, but you need the smarts, and the accuracy (the total package) to become a highly successful, consistent QB in this league.

I am a hopeful Lions fan that he can become that, but after his rookie season, and a few preseason games, I'm not going to sit here and say that any of my previous doubts have changed.

Let's wait until the real games are played, and Stafford is in GB in the 4th quarter down by 4, having to drive the team 80 yards. Okay, GB is a bad example. With our secondary, we'll be lucky to be within 4 at the end of 1, but you get the point.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast