Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts with Evad...

Default Re: Random Thoughts with Evad...

Ohh it will be great! I have to be at the hospital at 5:30am.

College/Pro Pick 'Em update:

I will update points sometime during the week. I am going to shoot for Wednesday.

wahooo! Glad we got Hinske back..

I am able to walk around alot better now. Still a bit sore, hopefully i will be able to move better by next week. When i do walk around, i have no pain in my left leg. Its great! Please give me a couple more days to get the scores updated...

Don't over do the walking, but keep increasing the daily amounts by walking more(at different times-- 10 5 minute walks vs 5 10 min walks) and increasing the time of each walk. You'll be on the ball field in no time or the courts.

Glad to see you back and apparently in better spirits.

bored out of my mind... wish some friends would come visit... been watching hot stove on mlb tv every time it came on....

Nice to see Slinkster back and posting.

Now, we need to get Moose back with more regularity.

And Preds. Don't know what to do about her. She promises to return and be a more frequent poster, but that's turned out to be ATNA(All Talk No Action). Maybe we need to try her in absentia as an AWOL monitor.

Braves off-season thus far: traded Infante and LHP Mike Dunn to the Fish for 2B Dan Uggla...

I like this move alot. Got the big RH power bat that we needed at a discount price. This shifts Prado to LF and backup 3B. Reports suggest that we have started talking to Uggla bout an extension. It would be good if we locked him up.

Re-Signed Hinske and Let Diaz walk

Glad we got Hinske back. He adds power off the bench and he came up big in PH situations this year. This move led to us non-tendering Matt Diaz. I liked him. He came to play and did a good job against LHP. It was painful watching him take swings at time though. He made up his mind to swing he didn't cae were the ball was, he was swinging.

Traded Kyle Cofield to the ChiSox for RHP Scott Linebrink and 3.5M of his 5.5M

Not a fan of this deal. I dont have any attachment to Cofield, I just dont think Linebrink is a good addition. I saw where Slink and Sal hopes he can return to his SD days. I think those days are past him. We'll see on this one.

Minor league depth signed.

Maybe some of these players can make it to the big league with us and contribuate in a big way.

Grienke to ATL? Backup OF? UTIL role?

Rumor has it that we have called about Grienke. I think thats all that will come if this. It would be great if we were able to pull off a deal for him. I think JJ would be apart of the deal so our rotation would look like this: Hudson, Grienke, Lowe, Minor, and Hanson..

Backup OF: This may be a ST battle with Young, Schafer, and some other minor league OFers.

Util Role: No idea on where this will come from. Infante did a good job here but he is gone to the Fish.

Diory will end up being the IF utility guy. His normal position is SS< but played 2B and 3 B for the Braves in '10.

Young has a really good shot at the BIGS this spring. Schafer could make it, but I believe they send him down to Gwinnett for some extra conditioning and to get back into "game mode". We could see him in late May/early June.

Oh WOW!!!!

Broncos fire McDaniels.

It's about time. The dufuss has fucked up at every turn in the road. Bowlen made a really big mistake hiring this Pats guy after he fires Shanahan. So, it appears the Broncos will be paying 3 head coaches next year--- still owes Shanahan a bunch, owes McDaniels 8 mil and who ever he hires.

Gruden or Nolan would be my picks unless some of the "retired" guys opt to return to the sidelines, namely Cowher.

Ok guys, as you have noticed I have not put up, nor have I tallied up the points for last week, a new set of games for the pick 'em game.

I am going to skip this week of games. I just haven't felt up to go through games for this week. This is my bad. I will have two bonus games next week worth 5 points each. I will get the games up Tuesday. I will also have points updated too. Again, i am sorry for the skipped week.

Understandable with what you have gone thru this week.

No problems from this side.

update on me:

I am doing alot better. I am able to walk around alot now. I am able to get off the couch on my own, for about a week now. Its been two weeks and 3 days since my surgery. While I am walking fine now, I do still experience some pain from the surgery which my dad says its just from being sore.. Last night my upper back started hurting a little bit, like a sharp pain. I am going to wait and see if I have anymore pain in my back before I call the doctor.

I go back on the 28th and hopefully at that time my doctor will tell me when I will be able to drive and go back to normal activities, of course not heavy lifting yet. Monday and Tuesday night I went to watch my brother and our friends play flag football. It was great getting out of the house. I am soo tired of the TV it isn't even funny.

And goodness, I can't wait to get back to my own bed too. I have been crashed on the couch since the surgery. Having a hard time getting to sleep at night.

All in all though, things are good.

And to get back to your own 'puter. Just laying around will cause all kinds of new pains, aches and stress.

Bowls games that will be used in the Pick 'Em

Utah vs. Boise St.
    Notre Dame vs. Miami Hurricanes
    South Carolina vs. Florida State University
    Alabama vs. Michigan St.
    Wisconsin vs. TCU
    Stanford vs. VaTech
    Ohio State vs. Arkansas
    Oregon vs. Auburn

I am going to post next week's games in a few minutes as the Utah/Boise game is Wednesday.

Boise St all the way baby!!!!

If they could've beat Nev., then it would have been very interesting... by the by, i hate the BCS system too, but this year, they got lucky...

wahoo! I am finally out of my pj's and into blue jeans! It is starting to get better. Next step is start driving again!

That's a great step, and I'm sure a super feeling of relief.

Next, to be able to walk around outside and maybe play some soft toss.

well, I am and have been walking around outside. Soft toss will come sometime next month. I'm really looking forward to driving again. As I said, the TV is getting real old now. I would never of thought I would say that.

Anywho. Merry Christmas, Sal and Slink and everyone else!

Its snowing in Macon, GA ON Christmas! Wahoo!

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast