Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts with Evad...

Default Re: Random Thoughts with Evad...

from Facing the Giants:

Two farmers desperately needed rain. They both prayed for rain but only one went out and prepared his fields for the rain. Which one had faith that God will bring the rain?
    I can tell you which one I have been. Not the one that went out to prepare his field. Saldy, I have been the other farmer... Prayed but doesn't do anything. Thats going to change though.

Tonight I talked about faith to the children at my church. But I was more talking to myself. Preaching to myself, if you will. Whenever I teach a lesson, I pick something that I can point fingers at myself if its bad and pick something that I can point my fingers at someone else if its good.

Hebrews 11:1... Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

Sometimes we place more faith in a person that we do in God. How many times have you caught yourself saying, "I have faith in [insert baseball/football/whomever] that this person will get the job done."

Just something to chew on...

Do you ever watch Gaither Gospel Hour???

One of his shows has Jimmy dean, in a wheel chair, telling a story very similar to yours, he then sings a song he wrote about farmers and rain---

Quote Originally Posted by salmagundy View Post
    Do you ever watch Gaither Gospel Hour???

One of his shows has Jimmy dean, in a wheel chair, telling a story very similar to yours, he then sings a song he wrote about farmers and rain---

Nah, I never have... Facing the Giants is such a great lesson and a valuable learning tool.

But I'll have to catch Gaither Gospel Hour one sometime... But really, how simple and great illustration the story of the farmers is... Really makes you think about your own faith(or lack of)...

So, over the weekend I made a visit to Asheville, NC to visit a girl I have been talking to. A great trip indeed. We stayed in all day Saturday and watch college football, she is obviously a UNC fan, and then went to a corn maze with a few of her friends.

We had a great time together. I did catch a few innings of the Braves game on Friday night.

Ah, you can't go wrong with a UNC gal--- good to hear that you had a good time.

You gotta learn the UNC fight song--

"I'm a Tarheel born, and
    I'm a Tarheel bred,
    and when I die,
    I'll be a Tarheel dead,
    Rah, Rah Carolina, lina
    Rah, Rah Carolina, lina"

Can I get a mod to sticky this thread, please?

I'll see what I can do--

And it's...

stuck!

thanks preds!

I will have the points tallied up from this past weekend and new games posted a little later tonight. My leg and back are killing me and I must take some pain pills and they will knock me out...

clock test... 9:17am

had a MRI done yesterday on my back. it has been bothering me for 10+ years now. And recently my left leg has been in extreme pain.. Hurts whenever I stand up or walk for any kind of time. Bulging disc and they have referred me to a neurosurgeon.. Hopefully they can put a brace on my back to help, not really looking forward to surgery...

Does the name George Brett ring a bell???

He was one of the 1st to have artoscopic surgery on his back-- bulging disc. He was back on the field in less than 2 weeks.

That kind of surgery is no longer a cut and piece job, but clean and simple.

I thought I would be glad to finally get an answer and if surgery was required, I would be glad just to get it fixed.. But ever since I found out that I might need surgery, I have had the opposite feeling.. Feeling a bit scared now...

You won't feel a thing and rehab is short and to the point. They will have you up and walking around within hours and you'll be home the next day in all likelyhood.

Fear not, you will be watched over!

Prayers and luck be with you for your surgery tomorrow.

Heard a couple of stories about Evad the past couple of days--

He was driving home from church where he had taught Sunday School, and had sipped to much of the Communion wine, when he was pulled over by his neighbor cop. Cop asked him if he'd been drinking, Evad responed "No". The cop noticed several bottles in the back the seat and asked about them. Evad told the cop that they contained water. Cop picked one up, opened it and took a swig, "Tastes like wine!", to which Evad replied, " Oh my, He's done it again!"

A bite later, Evad passed a car with 4 Nuns, who had run out of gas and had used a bed pan to go to the nearest gas station to get some gas, pouring the gas into their car. He remarked, to himself, "They've sure got alot of Faith!" The car started and passed him a short while later.

Not so Happy Halloween this morning... My friend's (gf, I don't at this point which it is anymore) surgery went well on Thursday.. I ended up staying over night Thursday at the hospital with her... She was able to go home Saturday evening.. But.. Over the course of Friday night/Saturday morning her grandmother was admitted to the hospital with serve bleeding.. They did all the scans and couldn't find what is wrong.. Now she has been in surgery since 6:30 this morning. Of course my friend who is supposed to be taking it is has decided to drive back to the hospital to find out whats going on... PLEASE say a prayer for her and her grandmother... My friend has been through alot lately!

DONE!!!!

I will get all the prediction games score tomorrow...

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast