Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 431

Thread: 11/01/09- vikings @ packers

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    mn
    Posts
    33,963

    Default 11/01/09- vikings @ packers

    might as well get this started, gotta move on from a tough loss today.


    fuck the packers.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Shopping for a new perch
    Posts
    81,318

    Default Re: 11/01/09- vikings @ packers

    fuck pack. Their OL still sucks.

    Our secondary will need to play better.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    The pole nearest Pnk
    Posts
    60,343

    Default Re: 11/01/09- vikings @ packers

    Win the game next Sunday and we'll have a stranglehold on the division...up 2 games on the Pack and at least 2 on the Bears. By no means would it be over, but it certainly would be ours to lose with 8 games left.

    Lose and it is a big dogfight.

    Quote Originally Posted by fahvra View Post
    if they are asleep I dont think it matters what age they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by kobesgame View Post
    My lips are going nowhere near that thing.


    Quote Originally Posted by fahvra View Post
    When I worked construction I could put 2 feet away with ease over lunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by MTVike View Post
    It used to freak me out, but I couldn't help myself from touching it.

  4. #4

    Default Re: 11/01/09- vikings @ packers

    Woof!

    Grrrrrr.

    Woof!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Shopping for a new perch
    Posts
    81,318

    Default Re: 11/01/09- vikings @ packers

    Quote Originally Posted by kobesgame View Post
    Win the game next Sunday and we'll have a stranglehold on the division...up 2 games on the Pack and at least 2 on the Bears. By no means would it be over, but it certainly would be ours to lose with 8 games left.

    Lose and it is a big dogfight.
    Yep. I'd say GB needs win MORE...but hopefully we realize that.

    Our secondary needs to play better, we cant count on Rodgers turning it over. I bet GB picks up the pressure vs MN this time..no more ten seconds for favre

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Shopping for a new perch
    Posts
    81,318

    Default Re: 11/01/09- vikings @ packers

    apparently GB is back to having the best defense ever according to the Duck. I think our offense will crawl into fetal position before game even starts.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    The pole nearest Pnk
    Posts
    60,343

    Default Re: 11/01/09- vikings @ packers

    Quote Originally Posted by PnkPanther View Post
    Yep. I'd say GB needs win MORE...but hopefully we realize that.

    Our secondary needs to play better, we cant count on Rodgers turning it over. I bet GB picks up the pressure vs MN this time..no more ten seconds for favre
    I'd say they played pretty good today...175 yards to a QB who had averaged over 300 to this point in the season. Defense only gave up 13 points. GB has a better passing game in my opinion (if they can protect Rodgers), but if they play even close to as good as they did today they'll be fine.

    To win, the Vikes need to get pressure, get the ground game going and not have the stupid penalties and turnovers like they did today. Get back to playing the clean style of ball that they've played up until today.

    Quote Originally Posted by fahvra View Post
    if they are asleep I dont think it matters what age they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by kobesgame View Post
    My lips are going nowhere near that thing.


    Quote Originally Posted by fahvra View Post
    When I worked construction I could put 2 feet away with ease over lunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by MTVike View Post
    It used to freak me out, but I couldn't help myself from touching it.

  8. #8

    Default Re: 11/01/09- vikings @ packers

    Roethlisberger had 85 yards on the drive at the end of the first half, and 45 on the pass to Holmes on the first play of the fourth quarter. Outside of that, he was 9/19 for 45 yards, and overall had what might have been his worst performance of the year.

    Considering that

    a) The Vikings didn't have their best CB
    b) Pittsburgh's QB is better than Green Bay's QB
    c) Pittsburgh's WRs are better than Green Bay's WRs
    d) Pittsburgh's OL is better than Green Bay's OL

    I think the Vikes asserted themselves quite well yesterday.

    Hell, the offense allowed more points than the defense, largely because the Steelers actually got pressure on the quarterback. Green Bay didn't do that against us the first time, and they won't do it this time, either.

    This team should be 7-1 by this time next week.
    I have no followers. I have only brothers and sisters, all in the name of a cause.

    Blog - It's like Twitter, but longer.

    Twitter - It's like a blog, but shorter.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    14,085

    Default Re: 11/01/09- vikings @ packers

    Quote Originally Posted by kobesgame View Post
    I'd say they played pretty good today...175 yards to a QB who had averaged over 300 to this point in the season. Defense only gave up 13 points. GB has a better passing game in my opinion (if they can protect Rodgers), but if they play even close to as good as they did today they'll be fine.

    To win, the Vikes need to get pressure, get the ground game going and not have the stupid penalties and turnovers like they did today. Get back to playing the clean style of ball that they've played up until today.

    the good thing is we blitzed very minimally yesterday and still had some pressure most of the game (admittedly Ben had all day to throw on a couple plays as well, but then everyone was covered) and we batted balls when they went to the 3-step drop. Pitt's line is much better than GB's line so hopefully the front 4 can get consistent pressure next week as well.
    nobody makes me post, i post when i want to post

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Grand Blanc
    Posts
    87,417

    Default Re: 11/01/09- vikings @ packers

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGonzo View Post
    Roethlisberger had 85 yards on the drive at the end of the first half, and 45 on the pass to Holmes on the first play of the fourth quarter. Outside of that, he was 9/19 for 45 yards, and overall had what might have been his worst performance of the year.

    Considering that

    a) The Vikings didn't have their best CB
    b) Pittsburgh's QB is better than Green Bay's QB
    c) Pittsburgh's WRs are better than Green Bay's WRs
    d) Pittsburgh's OL is better than Green Bay's OL

    I think the Vikes asserted themselves quite well yesterday.

    Hell, the offense allowed more points than the defense, largely because the Steelers actually got pressure on the quarterback. Green Bay didn't do that against us the first time, and they won't do it this time, either.

    This team should be 7-1 by this time next week.
    Oh if I had a nickel every time I heard a sentence about the Vikes starting like that.......lol
    RIP Keith. You will be missed but not forgotten.

    Quote Originally Posted by kobesgame View Post
    My asshole hurts and I don't like it from behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiddy78 View Post
    I just got off with him.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Shopping for a new perch
    Posts
    81,318

    Default Re: 11/01/09- vikings @ packers

    Quote Originally Posted by kobesgame View Post
    I'd say they played pretty good today...175 yards to a QB who had averaged over 300 to this point in the season. Defense only gave up 13 points. GB has a better passing game in my opinion (if they can protect Rodgers), but if they play even close to as good as they did today they'll be fine.

    To win, the Vikes need to get pressure, get the ground game going and not have the stupid penalties and turnovers like they did today. Get back to playing the clean style of ball that they've played up until today.

    Oh yeah, yesterday they played better. I meant better then last time we played GB...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    4,393

    Default Re: 11/01/09- vikings @ packers

    i want to win this game cause the damn pack swept us a couple of times in the last 2 or 3 years so it would be nice to return the favor.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Shopping for a new perch
    Posts
    81,318

    Default Re: 11/01/09- vikings @ packers

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattjames4 View Post
    i want to win this game cause the damn pack swept us a couple of times in the last 2 or 3 years so it would be nice to return the favor.
    swept us two years in a row.

    first time it's happened in the GB/MN series.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    25,086

    Default Re: 11/01/09- vikings @ packers

    We're going up against the greatest 3-4 defense ever assembled.

    Not only will we be lucky to keep the score within about 20-30 million, it'll require a monumental effort to keep from scoring negative points.
    Follow Sports-Boards on and
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveTheWhalers
    It's like a wet moist cheesey orgasm in your mouth... I'd eat that shit every day.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Shopping for a new perch
    Posts
    81,318

    Default Re: 11/01/09- vikings @ packers

    Quote Originally Posted by sully View Post
    We're going up against the greatest 3-4 defense ever assembled.

    Not only will we be lucky to keep the score within about 20-30 million, it'll require a monumental effort to keep from scoring negative points.
    not to mention the leagues third highest scoring offense is now figured out. We'll be lucky to score double digits for rest of season.

    According to Mad, games are won and lost on stats. So here's hoping we win the stat battle.

  16. #16

    Default Re: 11/01/09- vikings @ packers

    Quote Originally Posted by sully View Post
    We're going up against the greatest 3-4 defense ever assembled.

    Not only will we be lucky to keep the score within about 20-30 million, it'll require a monumental effort to keep from scoring negative points.
    Fuckit, let's forfeit.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    mn
    Posts
    33,963

    Default Re: 11/01/09- vikings @ packers

    Quote Originally Posted by PnkPanther View Post
    According to Mad, games are won and lost on stats. So here's hoping we win the stat battle.

    we had more yards than the steelers, but had fewer yards than the ravens, rams, and packers.

    perfect logic

  18. #18

    Default Re: 11/01/09- vikings @ packers

    Quote Originally Posted by PnkPanther View Post
    So are favre's sacks and int's going to combine for double digits this time?
    Only if those two digits are 00 like they were last time.
    I have no followers. I have only brothers and sisters, all in the name of a cause.

    Blog - It's like Twitter, but longer.

    Twitter - It's like a blog, but shorter.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Shopping for a new perch
    Posts
    81,318

    Default Re: 11/01/09- vikings @ packers

    I'd agree GB's wr's are better, but steelers WR's arent chump change

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Internets
    Posts
    54,969

    Default Re: 11/01/09- vikings @ packers

    Quote Originally Posted by PnkPanther View Post
    I'd agree GB's wr's are better, but steelers WR's arent chump change
    they are damn good.



Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •