Thread: Pirates trade Andy Phillips

Pirates Pirates trade Andy Phillips

White Sox Acquire Andy Phillips

By Tim Dierkes [April 17 at 3:27pm CST]
    According to MLB.com's Jen Langosch, the Pirates traded utility man Andy Phillips to the White Sox for minor league pitcher Michael Dubee. Phillips had signed a minor league deal with Pittsburgh during the offseason. The 32 year-old spent most of his career in the Yankees organization, and also spent time with the Mets and Reds. Dubee joined with White Sox in July of '07, when they sent Tadahito Iguchi to Philadelphia.

"It's such a beautiful sport, with no politics involved, no color, no class. Only as a youngster can you play and as a pro can you win. The game has kept me young, involved and excited and for me to be up here with gems of baseball." ~Jack Buck

Default Re: Pirates trade Andy Phillips

its all about pitching for the Bucs.....got to have more ...had some outstanding starts from the guys so far this year...but its a long season

Default Re: Pirates trade Andy Phillips

Andy Phillips Signs With Hiroshima Carp

By Ben Nicholson-Smith [June 26 at 9:13am CST]
    Former Yankee Andy Phillips signed a one-year deal worth $400k to play for the Hiroshima Carp, according to an AP report on ESPN.com. We heard rumblings about the move earlier in the week, but it's now official.

Phillips, 32, played four seasons with the Yankees before splitting time with the Reds and Mets last year. He played in Triple A for the White Sox and Pirates to start this season.

"It's such a beautiful sport, with no politics involved, no color, no class. Only as a youngster can you play and as a pro can you win. The game has kept me young, involved and excited and for me to be up here with gems of baseball." ~Jack Buck