Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lions and Broncos talking?

Default Lions and Broncos talking?

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...e_as_cutl.html

According to a league source, the Detroit Lions will continue to talk to the Denver Broncos about the possibility of acquiring quarterback Jay Cutler in a trade.
    Cutler's anger with Denver initially began when he learned that the Lions and Tampa Bay Buccaneers were involved in active trade talks. An effort to mend fences reportedly has done more damage than good.

In a story that was originally reported by NFL.com, the Broncos were in trade discussions a couple of weeks ago with Detroit and Tampa Bay. The Broncos wanted those teams to acquire Matt Cassel from the Patriots and then turn around deal Cassel to them in exchange for Cutler.
    The Lions have plenty of ammunition to use in a deal, they have five draft picks in the first 82 choices in the upcoming draft. But more teams are expected to enter the bidding for Cutler.

Default Re: Lions and Broncos talking?

It's a Killer story, so who knows who the "league source" is that he's quoting...

I really worry about trading any more draft picks though, but Cutler would be great chucking it up to Calvin every week.

Trading a draft pick shouldn't be an issue when you're talking about getting a young player who's possibly better and certainly more proven than anyone IN the draft. Now I wouldn't trade our whole draft or multiple first rounders or anything, but one or two draft picks in the right place? Sure.
    DM: "Are you a better defense?"
    MM: "Not even close.

Cowtown, Where the cows out number the people

Quote Originally Posted by kalamazoo317 View Post
    Trading a draft pick shouldn't be an issue when you're talking about getting a young player who's possibly better and certainly more proven than anyone IN the draft. Now I wouldn't trade our whole draft or multiple first rounders or anything, but one or two draft picks in the right place? Sure.
    Cassel sort of set the bar low as well, going for only a second rounder. I would be willing to give up a second Rounder or even the second first we have for cutler. Even better, trading our first for thier 12th? and cutler would be GREAT.

If the Lions can trade their second rounder for Cutler, get one of those tackles with their top pick, and get an impact defensive player with the 20th pick, they will be well on their way to a fantastic off-season. Welcome to the Millen-less regime.
    Bonus fake Keith Jackson appearance: "Whoa, Nellie, we have ourselves a barn-burner here today! Welcome to the 117th dust-up between the Snortin' Swine of Springfield A&M and the Springfield University Nittany Tide. Ho, ho, doctor, break out the hickory switch! Well, hang on to your hoop skirts, folks, because Anton Lubchenko is going to be kicking higher than a mule on payday. Oh, land o'lakes! Take that, ozone layer! (later in the game) Oh, doctor, with SU behind and seconds left, my supply of homespun sayings is lower than a doodlebug in Aunt Tilly's root cellar. So we'll -- Oh, jumpin' crawdaddies! Is that Lubchenko coming back on the field?"
    SU Nittany Tide's own Anton Lubchenko!

IMO, getting Cutler gives us a legit shot at the division this year. A talented, established QB really can make all the difference in a division as shoddy as ours.
    Granted, the defense and Oline would still be needing (and hopefully getting) more attention this offseason, but Cutler to Calvin would keep us in a LOT of games just by themselves.
    DM: "Are you a better defense?"
    MM: "Not even close.

Killers league source is the lady the cleans the toilets in the men's room at the Allen Park Headquarters. That is why he references generally reliable sources. LOL

MAyhew will pull this off. He's a little weasel. Rip us off. What do I care? Most of us have never even seen a REAL QB in Detroit. I think we can all agree that overpaying isn't something we should be complaining about in this situation.

Watch Cutler says he won't play here if we trade for him. We'd treat him like Jesus.
    Twitter: DickDickstein
    ...Because fuck you is why.

Cowtown, Where the cows out number the people

Quote Originally Posted by Rip View Post
    MAyhew will pull this off. He's a little weasel. Rip us off. What do I care? Most of us have never even seen a REAL QB in Detroit. I think we can all agree that overpaying isn't something we should be complaining about in this situation.

Watch Cutler says he won't play here if we trade for him. We'd treat him like Jesus.
    I would suspect Cutler would welcome a trade to Detroit as they will give him the pay day he wants. Hard to afford a 7,000+ sqr foot home, your parents home and a penthouse in the Denver area.

Quote Originally Posted by Becherr View Post
    I would suspect Cutler would welcome a trade to Detroit as they will give him the pay day he wants. Hard to afford a 7,000+ sqr foot home, your parents home and a penthouse in the Denver area.
    Houses are cheap here that's for sure. OF course you will lose your ass anyways if you buy here. No way you will recoup your buying price if you leave in the next 5 years. I'd hope that a 25year-old QB would be here for 10 years, but he isn't here yet, and this is the Lions. Mayhew hasn't exactly proven he doesn't like to rub sand in a guy's pussy with how he rolled Shitna up last year.

Quote Originally Posted by kalamazoo317 View Post
    IMO, getting Cutler gives us a legit shot at the division this year. A talented, established QB really can make all the difference in a division as shoddy as ours.
    Granted, the defense and Oline would still be needing (and hopefully getting) more attention this offseason, but Cutler to Calvin would keep us in a LOT of games just by themselves.
    LMAO
    RIP Keith. You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by kobesgame View Post
    My asshole hurts and I don't like it from behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiddy78 View Post
    I just got off with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ima View Post
    LMAO
    Yeah...this division is stout.

Should have beaten the Vikes twice last year and the Packers the first time. They aren't that far a head and we were 0-16...LOL

Peterson and Henry aren't fixing the defense by themselves. Let's at least get to training camp before we start the heavy kool-aid drinking.
    Sometimes good things fall apart, so great things can fall together.

Quote Originally Posted by John3714 View Post
    Peterson and Henry aren't fixing the defense by themselves. Let's at least get to training camp before we start the heavy kool-aid drinking.
    Oh we aren't gonna win more than 5-6 games regardless. Don't think Jesus himself could make this team good right now.

Oh we aren't gonna win more than 5-6 games regardless. Don't think Jesus himself could make this team good right now.
    Right now, I'll say that if we win 5-6 games, we can consider the first season of Mayhew/Lewand/Schwartz a success.

Yeah...this division is stout.

Should have beaten the Vikes twice last year and the Packers the first time. They aren't that far a head and we were 0-16...LOL
    You Lions fans are cute.

EVERY year for the past 50 its been the same thing over and over and over again. Yeah I know...You guys used to be 8-8 and 9-7 consistantly and lose in the playoffs...

blah blah blah

Cutler will be Joey 2.0 in Detroit.

I just got off with him.

You Lions fans are cute.

EVERY year for the past 50 its been the same thing over and over and over again. Yeah I know...You guys used to be 8-8 and 9-7 consistantly and lose in the playoffs...

blah blah blah

I think that's a bit of a reach. Would he be great in Detroit? Probably not. I'd be happy with Erik Kramer 2.0.

You Lions fans are cute.

blah blah blah

Packers aren't going anywhere either. This division blows and they are over the hill. Rodgers=Poor man's Romo in clutchness

Packers aren't going anywhere either. This division blows and they are over the hill. Rodgers=Poor man's Romo in clutchness
    Yeah the Packers are pretty old. Great point Rip. I guess I should stop here.

I just got off with him.

Yeah the Packers are pretty old. Great point Rip. I guess I should stop here.
    CJ will own those old men at CB. Only position that matters.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast