Page 1 of 159 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 - NLCS Phillies vs. Dodgers

Default 2008 - NLCS Phillies vs. Dodgers

Phillies win it in 6.

Default Re: 2008 - NLCS Phillies vs. Dodgers

I wanna go to Game 6, I will be in Philly.

In the Shadow of Eastern St. Penitentiary

Phillies Re: 2008 - NLCS Phillies vs. Dodgers

My earliest of Weather Lines for the 1st game which I will be going to on Thursday. My usual one from the weather channel is not up yet.
    http://weather.msn.com/local.aspx?we...ns=wc:USPA1276
    Thursday

Oct 09PM Rain Hi: 72 Lo: 57
    Slight chance of light rain showers. High 72F and low 57F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: 1
    30%
    The whole world's glued to the cable TV
    It looks so real on the big LCD
    murder and violence are rated PG, too bad for the children
    they are what they see

Joe Walsh "Analog Man"

For my Brother; May he RIP

Phillie game and series recaps, Temple Football recaps and previews, and Union stuff, as well as misc. tweeting for http://www.pattisonave.com/ @Pattisonavenue

I also think the Phillies will be winning it in 6 games. It's gonna be a close series. I think I'll be making an effort to attend Game 6 as well. Tickets are too expensive to attend all of the games

Quote Originally Posted by mcelser1 View Post
    I also think the Phillies will be winning it in 6 games. It's gonna be a close series. I think I'll be making an effort to attend Game 6 as well. Tickets are too expensive to attend all of the games
    I wll be there * (if neccessary)
    they are what they see

Joe Walsh "Analog Man"

Phillie game and series recaps, Temple Football recaps and previews, and Union stuff, as well as misc. tweeting for http://www.pattisonave.com/ @Pattisonavenue

I think the Dodgers and our Fightins are pretty evenly matched up, especially on the starting pitchers side of things. Myers and Hamels, if they pitch anywhere near the way they did against the Brewers, can go toe to toe with Lowe and Billingsley, and both Moyer and Kuroda can be hit or miss. Moyer has been good on the road this season, better than at home, so I see him going in game 3, even though Blanton was outstanding in his last start.

Of course, we need Utley and Howard to step up in this series, but Howard has not been good against them this season, while Chase is hitting .355 with a very good OPS. Perdo and Jenkins have had some of the best success against the Dodgers this season, so maybe it might be a good chance to give Geoff a start in RF...even though I wouldn't say Werth has been bad at all both agaisnt the Dodgers or in the playoffs so far.

Quote Originally Posted by ill View Post
    I think the Dodgers and our Fightins are pretty evenly matched up, especially on the starting pitchers side of things. Myers and Hamels, if they pitch anywhere near the way they did against the Brewers, can go toe to toe with Lowe and Billingsley, and both Moyer and Kuroda can be hit or miss. Moyer has been good on the road this season, better than at home, so I see him going in game 3, even though Blanton was outstanding in his last start.

Of course, we need Utley and Howard to step up in this series, but Howard has not been good against them this season, while Chase is hitting .355 with a very good OPS. Perdo and Jenkins have had some of the best success against the Dodgers this season, so maybe it might be a good chance to give Geoff a start in RF...even though I wouldn't say Werth has been bad at all both agaisnt the Dodgers or in the playoffs so far.
    The Dodgers pitchers do pitch in a very pitcher friendly park and a very pitcher friendly division (I believe that only Coors isn't a heavily favored pitchers park), so their numbers are probably skewed a bit in their favor. I think this offense can get to those guys.
    Bonus fake Keith Jackson appearance: "Whoa, Nellie, we have ourselves a barn-burner here today! Welcome to the 117th dust-up between the Snortin' Swine of Springfield A&M and the Springfield University Nittany Tide. Ho, ho, doctor, break out the hickory switch! Well, hang on to your hoop skirts, folks, because Anton Lubchenko is going to be kicking higher than a mule on payday. Oh, land o'lakes! Take that, ozone layer! (later in the game) Oh, doctor, with SU behind and seconds left, my supply of homespun sayings is lower than a doodlebug in Aunt Tilly's root cellar. So we'll -- Oh, jumpin' crawdaddies! Is that Lubchenko coming back on the field?"
    SU Nittany Tide's own Anton Lubchenko!

I think the Dodgers and our Fightins are pretty evenly matched up, especially on the starting pitchers side of things.
    Wouldn't know that from the national media, who have been lining up left and right to pick the Dodgers, because evidentially they are hotter then the Phillies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Look Its Chase Utley! View Post
    Wouldn't know that from the national media, who have been lining up left and right to pick the Dodgers, because evidentially they are hotter then the Phillies.
    Winning 17 out of 21 is crap.
    Bonus fake Keith Jackson appearance: "Whoa, Nellie, we have ourselves a barn-burner here today! Welcome to the 117th dust-up between the Snortin' Swine of Springfield A&M and the Springfield University Nittany Tide. Ho, ho, doctor, break out the hickory switch! Well, hang on to your hoop skirts, folks, because Anton Lubchenko is going to be kicking higher than a mule on payday. Oh, land o'lakes! Take that, ozone layer! (later in the game) Oh, doctor, with SU behind and seconds left, my supply of homespun sayings is lower than a doodlebug in Aunt Tilly's root cellar. So we'll -- Oh, jumpin' crawdaddies! Is that Lubchenko coming back on the field?"

Let them pick the Dodgers. Who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by SU Nittany Tide View Post
    The Dodgers pitchers do pitch in a very pitcher friendly park and a very pitcher friendly division (I believe that only Coors isn't a heavily favored pitchers park), so their numbers are probably skewed a bit in their favor. I think this offense can get to those guys.
    I agree. Even though there were sweeps in each Home Park, the differntials were a lot bigger in our sweep, than theirs - there (8/11 - 14)6-8, 3-4, 6-7, 1-3, here (8/22 - 25) 8-1, 9-2, 5-2, 5-0.
    they are what they see

Joe Walsh "Analog Man"

What's this about game 2 being at 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
    Let them pick the Dodgers. Who cares.
    Reminds me of 1993, when everyone picked the Braves to roll the Phillies.

Oner more nice note,
    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Philadelphia hurlers have been exempt from Manny's reign of NL terror. Including a couple of Interleague run-ins while he was still with the Red Sox, Ramirez is batting .212 (7-for-33) against the Phillies and is 3-for-22, without an RBI, in six games in Citizens Bank Park. Lifetime, Ramirez is 5-for-27 (.185), with one home run, against Hamels and Brett Myers, Philadelphia's probable Game 2 starter.

Or it could mean he is due.
    they are what they see

Joe Walsh "Analog Man"

Quote Originally Posted by brett5355 View Post

Or it could mean he is due.
    The way he's talked about, it sounds like he's due to be the new Lord and Savior of the human race.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
    What's this about game 2 being at 4?
    I am not sure where these times are coming from. Phillies, Fox and MLB all have TBD for all games but David Murphy has:
    http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/p...k_Banging.html
    I still don't have many details on the Phillies' plans for the next few days. Game 1 of the NLCS is on Thursday at 8:15 p.m. and will likely feature Cole Hamels against Derek Lowe. Game 2 is on Friday at 4:15 p.m.. Game 3 is Sunday at 8:15.
    The Phillies won't workout today, but I expect them to hold a workout both Tuesday and Wednesday at Citizens Bank Park.
    they are what they see

Joe Walsh "Analog Man"

One of the biggest keys to this series is that the Dodgers have 2 lefties on thier pitching staff, Kershaw and Beimel. Beimel has had success against us, but he is only out of the pen, while Kershaw got lit up against us.

We have one of the best lineups against RHP, but that really didn't do anything to help the Cubbies against the Dodgers, and the Cubbies were better than us against righties. All three of the Dodgers starters that are slated in Games 1-3 are RHP.

Lowe is no where near as good on the road as he is at home and has a 4.26 era against us this season, one start. Billingsley has similar numbers from his one starts against us, but his home/away split is a little more evened out. Kuroda is the only one that has done really well agaisnt us this season, posting a 1.39 era in 2 starts.

But we hurt their bullpen. 70.2 IP with a 5+ era.

One of the biggest keys to this series is that the Dodgers have 2 lefties on thier pitching staff, Kershaw and Beimel. Beimel has had success against us, but he is only out of the pen, while Kershaw got lit up against us.

We have one of the best lineups against RHP, but that really didn't do anything to help the Cubbies against the Dodgers, and the Cubbies were better than us against righties. All three of the Dodgers starters that are slated in Games 1-3 are RHP.

Lowe is no where near as good on the road as he is at home and has a 4.26 era against us this season, one start. Billingsley has similar numbers from his one starts against us, but his home/away split is a little more evened out. Kuroda is the only one that has done really well agaisnt us this season, posting a 1.39 era in 2 starts.

But we hurt their bullpen. 70.2 IP with a 5+ era.
    Their bullpen pitched 70.2 innings in 8 games against us?

Quote Originally Posted by SU Nittany Tide View Post
    Their bullpen pitched 70.2 innings in 8 games against us?
    yea that wasn't right. sorry, that is their team ERA against us.

Broxton and Kershaw are their most beat up relievers against us, with Maddux up there as well. Chan Ho Park hasn't done well against us this season either, but I dont know if he is even on their rsoter.

I like the Dodgers pitching. And, that's not just media buying into the media hype, I don't think. They are all very sharp. If our offense struggles, we will be baffled.

On the flip side, though, our pitching has been very good. Starters especially, and the a few more days off rests the bullpen. If our guys come in pitching as well as they did against Milwaukee, their offense will be just as stifled.

If all the pitching shows up, I think we can take this easy. Our bats are too powerful.
    I see the light at the end of the tunnel now
    Someone please tell me it's not a train

Page 1 of 159 123451151101 ... LastLast