Page 1 of 92 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 NLDS - Phillies vs Brewers

Phillies 2008 NLDS - Phillies vs Brewers

First game is Wednesday afternoon.

I am guessing it will be Hamels vs Sabathia.

Sabathis scares me, he is a big fella and he has some heat.

Default Re: 2008 NLDS - Phillies vs Brewers

Sabathia pitched yesterday (complete game w/ 122 pitches), so while he might go on short rest Thursday for game 2 (since MIL doesn't care about his arm long-term), we might not see him until game 3.

I am kinda just going off of his interview after yesterdays game where he had the adrenaline going trhough him and he said he would go on 3 days again. I guess that sets him up for Game 2, not 1.

Is Sheets out for the postseason with his elbow? I am not so worried about Jeff Suppan or Dave Bush, but Gallardo might be tough.

The NL schedule for the first 3 games has been finalized...

Game 1 = 3:00 Wednesday (Hamels)
    Game 2 = 6:00 Thursday
    Game 3 = 6:30 Saturday

"A picture may be worth a thousand words, but a word from Harry Kalas painted a thousand pictures." - Doug Glanville

In the Shadow of Eastern St. Penitentiary

Phillies Re: 2008 NLDS - Phillies vs Brewers

Quote Originally Posted by LastTrain View Post

I like that 6:00 start time for Thursday. Since I will already be off Tomorrow (Jewish Holiday), that means I wll not miss much more time on Thursday in leaving early for the game. The only problem will be containing the growing plethora of butteflies that wll be gnawing at me all that day (and pro'lly the night b/4).
    Also, I heard on KYW this morning that the City will NOT be holding a Pep Rally this week so as not to dishonor the memory of a policeman killed last week, whose funeral mass will be on Tuesday. There will be some sort of OctberPhest block party at the ballpark - which I think they had last year as well.
    http://www.kyw1060.com/No-Pep-Rally-...-Death/3045307
    At kyw1060.com, they also have a nice link w/ Photos of Phillies Phans Celebrating
    http://www.kyw1060.com/PHOTO-GALLERY...ebrate/3042709
    The whole world's glued to the cable TV
    It looks so real on the big LCD
    murder and violence are rated PG, too bad for the children
    they are what they see

Joe Walsh "Analog Man"

For my Brother; May he RIP

Phillie game and series recaps, Temple Football recaps and previews, and Union stuff, as well as misc. tweeting for http://www.pattisonave.com/ @Pattisonavenue

I expect CC to throw in game 2. I'm actually kinda disappointed that Sheets might not be out there. I'd rather they keep trying to put him out there and fail than throw a healthy arm out there.

Phillies in 4!!!!

Cubs in 3!!!

In the Shadow of Eastern St. Penitentiary

Phillies Re: 2008 NLDS - Phillies vs Brewers

Thsi will be my early weather line Wednesday and for my 1st game on Thursday as well as the "view" from my section. The butterfly pupae are already starting to hatch.

Wednesday

Oct 01Showers / Clear Hi: 72 Lo: 55
    Slight chance of light rain showers. High 72F and low 55F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: 5
    40%Thursday

Oct 02Fair Hi: 68 Lo: 53
    Partly cloudy skies. High 68F and low 53F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: 4
    10%

| Citizens Bank Park | Section 208
    The whole world's glued to the cable TV
    It looks so real on the big LCD
    murder and violence are rated PG, too bad for the children
    they are what they see

Joe Walsh "Analog Man"

For my Brother; May he RIP

Phillie game and series recaps, Temple Football recaps and previews, and Union stuff, as well as misc. tweeting for http://www.pattisonave.com/ @Pattisonavenue

Quote Originally Posted by ill View Post
    I am kinda just going off of his interview after yesterdays game where he had the adrenaline going trhough him and he said he would go on 3 days again. I guess that sets him up for Game 2, not 1.

Is Sheets out for the postseason with his elbow? I am not so worried about Jeff Suppan or Dave Bush, but Gallardo might be tough.
    I'm pretty sure Gallardo goes game 1, and CC goes game 2.

This whole Milwaukee doesn't care about his arm long term is the stupidest thing ever said. Our GM has gone to him and asked if he could go because he was getting criticized for the moves. CC said he's willing to do anything to help this team win.
    Last edited by WSR; 09-29-2008 at 09:39 AM. Reason: I knew I spelled the damn word wrong
    Aaron Rodgers

I see so many silver-spoon guys, and I don't think the mental toughness is always there. I've dealt with adversity. I've dealt with disappointment. I've dealt with not being picked and not being one of the guys. When I see adversity now, I look forward to it. When I see opportunity, I make the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by WSR View Post
    I'm pretty sure Gallardo goes game 1, and CC goes game 2.

This whole Milwaukee doesn't care about his arm long term is the stupidiest thing ever said. Our GM has gone to him and asked if he could go because he was getting criticized for the moves. CC said he's willing to do anything to help this team win.
    I agree, CC is a gamer and will want the ball. I don't think the GM and front office will have anything to do with the decision, CC is too big of a guy to say no to.

Quote Originally Posted by WSR View Post
    This whole Milwaukee doesn't care about his arm long term is the stupidiest thing ever said.
    Maybe it's #2 to "stupidiest".

It's not intended as a knock on Milwaukee...just the simple truth that they don't have the $ to re-sign him, so won't be overly concerned about overuse in October of 2008. Have you ever had a loaner car from the dealership or known someone who has? How do they treat that car? Do they use it for everything to keep some miles off their "own" cars? Do they push it to its limits to see what it's capable of doing? Of course they do. This is not a "Milwaukee is so selfish and greedy" issue...this is simply them doing what is completely natural.

Sabathia is in a position in which he can only say one thing. If they ask him and he says "no", he's perceived as a money hungry, self-centered guy who doesn't care about helping the team and winning a championship. So he has only one right answer.
    Last edited by LastTrain; 09-29-2008 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LastTrain View Post

What the hell is up with the afternoon start time for playoff baseball? What other sport has non-primetime playoff games during the work week? It's next to impossible to sit here all day and not check the score..

Quote Originally Posted by mark2626 View Post
    What the hell is up with the afternoon start time for playoff baseball? What other sport has non-primetime playoff games during the work week? It's next to impossible to sit here all day and not check the score..
    if you were ewish, you might be able to get out of work early on Wednesday.

My pops called me last night asking if I would take a day off from work if he could get tickets to a game. Of course, I would. I don't even care where I sit.

Any of you season ticket holders jump on the task I assigned to you?

A lot of people still complain that all playoff games aren't played in the afternoon. That's they way the game should be played, they say.

The bottom line of what's up with it is $. 3 games need to be played that day, and MLB won't cost themselves viewership by having 2 played at the same time.

I've been noticing a lot of similarities between this year's Brewers and last year's Phillies.... both had to battle back to earn a playoff spot on the final day of the season.

Both teams had been a long time without a playoff birth, with their fans saying things such as: "I can't believe we're actually in the playoffs!".

Hopefully they've used up so much energy just getting here that they will lay down and fold like we did last year.

Last year was just so intense that I think even after getting swept out of the playoffs many still considered the season a success (including myself). Obviously this year that's not the case, we've been here before, we know what we have to do, and anything but a first round victory would be a major disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by ill View Post
    if you were ewish, you might be able to get out of work early on Wednesday.

My pops called me last night asking if I would take a day off from work if he could get tickets to a game. Of course, I would. I don't even care where I sit.

Any of you season ticket holders jump on the task I assigned to you?
    Or suddenly ill..or have a Dr. appointment..

Or suddenly ill..or have a Dr. appointment..
    my J key didn't register.

I may be ill that day though. I have vacation to kill.

why would being Jewish have anything to do with it? Rosh Hashana is tomorrow (Tuesday) not Wednesday. It will be a regular work day no matter your religion.

"A picture may be worth a thousand words, but a word from Harry Kalas painted a thousand pictures." - Doug Glanville

Quote Originally Posted by banditgin View Post
    why would being Jewish have anything to do with it? Rosh Hashana is tomorrow (Tuesday) not Wednesday. It will be a regular work day no matter your religion.
    Your employer may not know that. I still suggest you try it.

Page 1 of 92 123451151 ... LastLast