Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: centpoker.com

Default centpoker.com

If you're familiar with centsports, then centpoker isn't a foreign concept for you.

If you're not, it's simple. They give you 10 cents. You play with it and hopefully win. If you lose, they give you 10 more cents. If you reach a certain amount (I want to say $20.00) they let you cash out for real money. It doesn't cost you anything to play.

Anyway, the guys who made centsports have been working on centpoker for a few months now, at least. Yesterday, I was lucky enough to log on during a time that the creators were doing a test run with just them. They were shocked I showed up, but let me stay and play. I wrote this up yesterday on the Phillies board:

Yeah dude, I was in there too. Nice site, eh? Actually, I was the second person to register outside of the site's creators. I asked when they launched the beta, and Alex said "5 minutes ago. Where you guys coming from?" For some reason, I get some satisfaction out of that.

Anywho, it appears to be closed up again for the time being. They're just in beta and are going to be doing some maintenance to it. I'm guessing it's going to be up and down while they are getting it ready. It should be loaded fully in a few weeks, Alex told me.

Nice site. Tonight was pretty basic, they said, but the interface and buttons remind me of PokerStars, so it's pretty user friendly. I ran out of chips pretty quickly, but you are able to add 100 more chips (10 cents) right away. Not sure if I really like that. You should only get 100 or 200 a day, because I can see a lot of people abusing that and going all-in on every hand. It's no fun playing against those people. There needs to be some type of penalty to discourage reckless play.

Once I got my chips back, however, I was able to get up to 260 (26 cents) in rather short work.

I can definitely see me spending many hours there once the full version launches.
    Tonight, from 10 to 11 CST, they are having a beta test run for everyone to check it out and give them feedback. I definitely urge you online poker players to check it out. It's a great concept, and should be great if the crappy players stay away.
    Sometimes good things fall apart, so great things can fall together.

Default Re: centpoker.com

This is Victor now. John, first off thank you so much for your kind tone towards CentSports. And I mean that, really ... CentSports is so, so important to me ... not as a website, or a business, but as a cause. Just thank you ...

Currently the government has banned online gambling ... in any form. Ten years from now, we're going to look back and think of this era as very similar to prohibition days. Although I doubt it will happen, but I wish that the stories of people who were hurt by this ban ... the people who had their $1000 off-shore online accounts just ...vanish ... because of the government ignoring the entire online gambling sector ... become public. I don't like regulation, but ocassionally it's a good thing in SOME situations, like online gambling. Right now, just like in prohibition days, congress would prefer to pretend online gambling doesn't exist any more and do nothing ...

CentSports was the first of a new generation of gambling sites ... mixing online advertising with gambling. We 'won' ... despite the opposition, the site (and of course business, inevitably, behind it) thrived. And btw ... that's NOTHING about CS, we COULD NOT have survived without the ... really, humbling, support of our users.

CentPoker (as the name obviously implies) is a site in the same model, only dealing with poker instead of sports betting (legally the same thing ...).

I FULLY support them ... I think what they are doing is awesome. I've talked to the founders on a number of ocassions, and really have kind of unintentionally become part of the development of that site. They are good guys, and they certainly stand for something important ... specifically, allowing people to not have to suffer under this ... really, ATROCITY of a bill that is the UIGEA.

Long live the revolution.

- Victor

Awesome... although I agree that getting more 'chips' right away is a bad move. I hate playing in the free rooms where goobers go all in on every hand until they win.
    Shonn Greene #23 Iowa = 2008/9 Heisman

In the Shadow of Eastern St. Penitentiary

Phillies Re: centpoker.com

Quote Originally Posted by BR0D1E86 View Post
    Awesome... although I agree that getting more 'chips' right away is a bad move. I hate playing in the free rooms where goobers go all in on every hand until they win.
    I signed up, but whenever I go on there is only the same 3-4 other guys.
    The whole world's glued to the cable TV
    It looks so real on the big LCD
    murder and violence are rated PG, too bad for the children
    they are what they see

Joe Walsh "Analog Man"

For my Brother; May he RIP

I was in for a few minutes last night... it was me, one other guy and the 4 programmers.

I imagine it will get more users once they get through the beta testing.

Quote Originally Posted by BR0D1E86 View Post
    I was in for a few minutes last night... it was me, one other guy and the 4 programmers.

I imagine it will get more users once they get through the beta testing.
    I imagine it's going to get pretty big once it goes live. It may take a month or so, but it will get big.

I was in last night, and ended up playing with Bondo. Good times.

Should be back around 9ish tonight. Its my moms birthday so I gotta go to dinner and such. I wish they'd take it live so I could start earning for real.

John and Bondo what are your screennames on there? mine is dousol.

Quote Originally Posted by brett5355 View Post
    I signed up, but whenever I go on there is only the same 3-4 other guys.
    Those guys are probably sharing hole cards and cleaning out anyone who gets into a game against them.
    Brown right, 31 wedge on 2.

http://www.thepartisanpatriot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ballfreak86 View Post
    John and Bondo what are your screennames on there? mine is dousol.
    Mine's the same as here.

I'm there right now if anyone wants to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Those guys are probably sharing hole cards and cleaning out anyone who gets into a game against them.
    Could be... they were hitting on quite a bit and I was struggling to hit a pair.

The poker rooms are down right now. Hopefully they're getting it ready to launch in the next day or so.

Centpoker is now live!

Come play and win real money!

http://www.centpoker.com/?opcode=26

How do you sit in on the hands? I'm at table, just not sitting in yet.

The juice is worth the squeeze.

Quote Originally Posted by shmuck View Post
    Just hit the ready button on the screen in the lower right hand corner of the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballfreak86 View Post
    Just hit the ready button on the screen in the lower right hand corner of the table.
    Thank you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by shmuck View Post
    What's your name over there Schmuck?

Quote Originally Posted by John3714 View Post
    What's your name over there Schmuck?
    Fats. I saw YOM on there as well, but he went off as I came on. I'm on Ring Number 2.

The bastard's up? Are they getting a lot of traffic?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast